• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incomplete PPT background when previewing HTML5 in browser and in SCORM

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just blasted through multiple simple PPT with audio projects and published as SCORM.  Previewing, everything looks fine, preview in HTML5 in brower, the PPT template shows up but none of the text or images on the slide.  They were imported using High Fidelity.  Rebuilt one with no audio, just pulled in the PPT and previewed in HTML5 in browser and the issue remains.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest captivate version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPT import uses the Blank master slide. Is that master slide still Blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the master is still blank, the project background is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'project background is correct'? PPT import doesn't use the project background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that when I look at properties of the slides in the timeline, the Project Background is correct to what I would expect on publishing, and the Master background is blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I give up trying to understand text. If you please would be so kind to insert some screenshots to explain what you mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

justjules_0-1618234762221.png

justjules_1-1618234800099.png

justjules_2-1618234880531.png

First 2 are the properties for the project and master slide backgrounds.  Third shot is what is showing up in the preview HTML5 in browser and in the SCORM package when published.  There is zero animation in the slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I'm finding now. 

1. The HTML5 tracker is showing issues with the slides although there is no animation.

2. I made a text edit on the title slide and refreshed the presentation linked to the course.  This fixed the title slide and it is now showing up correctly in the preview HTML5 in browser, but only for the first 3 slides, after that the incomplete background problem persists. 

3. After these steps all slides are still showing up in the HTML5 tracker as issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the HTML5 checker is saying there are compatibility issues, that may indicate you have some SWF components.  What specific issues does the HTML5 checker say it finds?  Can you show screenshots of that?

Look near the bottom of the Captivate Library to see whether it is listing any SWF files as being present in the project.  These may be background images that are not showing up when published to HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RodWard  It is a PPT import project. Lot of misunderstanding about 'backgrounds' for slides: Project background or Master slide background.  From last screenshots the problem is not with the PPT slides but with the title slide. I gave up trying to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd still like to know what the HTML5 checker is complaining about.  SWF graphics won't show up in HTML5 output.  It's might be relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure... may have misunderstood that OP talks only about PPT imported slides preceded by a Title slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the HTML5 Tracker  However in the PPT there is zero animation.  

justjules_0-1618405571858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HTML5 tracker 'thinks' your project is trying to insert SWF animations and is telling you that only animated images (e.g. Animated GIFs) are supported.

Look in the Captivate Library.  Do you see any SWF files indicated there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no animations in the library

justjules_0-1618492834070.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HTML tracker is due to the PPT imported slides. I have tried to tell that before... but

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem and have narrowed it down to Lilybiri's answer. My question is that is there a solution to this other than rebuilding the powerpoint slides in Captivate and scrapping the powerpoint? Or am I able somehow to get Captivate to stop reading these as SWF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to publish, ignoring the message. It may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I publish and ignore the HTML5 Tracker's warnings, my slides will not have the text, images, and even some buttons I added when I preview it in the SCORM cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/powerpoint-to-captivate/td-p/8462491

^BDuckWorks answer in this thread is likely how I will respond to this issue. Not ideal, but some of what they suggest is easier than rebuilding it completely in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  This work around solves the problem. Would like to understand the root cause, but for now this will be our approach for PPT based modules!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources