• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pausing slide audio

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, I am a complete newbie to this and am creating some very basic slides with audio narration on them.  I have made a back button and a next button with a third button for repeat.  The repeat button replays the audio (narration). I want the ability for the user to pause the narration and then resume.  I have tried putting in a button to pause and a button for resume.  When I tried that the audio started from the begining again.  So I tried making the skin visible with the play pause button and all this does is restart the audio from the begining again.  I am lost on this, does anyone have any ideas?  I must stress I am a beginner of beginners with this.  Best 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

If your audio is attached to the slide, then pausing the slide playback will pause the slide audio.  Clicking the Play button to continue playback should cause the slide audio to resume exactly where it left off.

However, from your description of the problem it would seem that your audio may be connected NOT to the slide but rather is being triggered by some other method.  So can you please clarify: Exactly HOW did you add the audio to this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

As Rod points out it is necessary to use only slide audio in that case. Only that type of audio is synchronised with Captitvate's slide timeline. Using the commands Pause and Continue will act on all objects/effects but also on slide audio. However a pausing point of an interactive objects will only pause slide audio if you do activate that in the Options tab:

PauseSlideAudio.PNG

More about the relation between audio types and timeline in:

Pausing Timeline and Audio clips - eLearning (adobe.com)

I suspect you are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Blog post is already online (my personal blog). It will also appear in the eLearning community, but is (as usual) waiting for moderation. As if I would post spam...

http://blog.lilybiri.com/combining-slide-audio-and-play-audio

You'll see that I needed a second shared action with one parameter to cope with all situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an example. Have a look, if this is what you want, will write out a blog:

https://www.lilybiri.com/published/PlayAudio/index.html

FYI: I used a shared action with 2 parameters.  It will not be that hard to attach it to shape buttons, and you don't have to check the option to pause the slide audio in Options which saves time. Here is a link to the blog:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I meant!

Thank you very much, This will indeed be a great blog post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blog post is already online (my personal blog). It will also appear in the eLearning community, but is (as usual) waiting for moderation. As if I would post spam...

You'll see that I needed a second shared action with one parameter to cope with all situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read it. So, basically delaying the audio by length of each file, correct? Thanks so much! 

Good solution but they should really build that feature into the next version. It's a no-brainer....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you read the whole blog, because you need also preserve the pausing by the buttons at the end. It is a good example of using the Timeline and micro-navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very useful, thank you and happy holidays. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, enjoy the holidays as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources