• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with elearning assets after 11_5 installation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation guide mentioning installing elearning asset. but apparently it is quite useless since 11_5 incorporating some assets.

however the elearning_asset installation is for 11_0 not for 11_5.

so we end up losing some characters in the assets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused by your question. Can you delete the 11.0 Assets? Have a look at the answer by Charushree in this thread:

Re: Problem downloading assets in new 11.5.0 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No different issue. The 11.5 come with some assets but not complete.

The extra asset to be installed does not work.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say Extra Assets,are you referring to the link we used to provide to download all the characters from different categories?

If yes, with Captivate 11_5 , It's made easier as we provide all the assets under Assets->characters. just select any character and click on Insert to download and insert the character in your course.

If you have more queries please write to me at cmb@adobe.com

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats is the issue.

The additioal asset file is useless since it is from 11.0 and not

compatible with 11.5

I understand 11.5 now have integrated asset. But they are just thumbnails

not real character png files.

Furthermore, there are some assets missing in 11.5. Pleae don't say you can

still download it in download tab

On Tue, 18 Jun. 2019, 2:54 pm Charushree MB, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we will not be able to download the entire character set at once( unlike previous versions, by clicking the link).We provide the thumbnails for all the poses but you need to Click on the character/s to download and insert them in captivate.This is a new workflow as part of unified Asset panel.

Also,Can you mention the characters that are missing? we are working on adding Stick man and stick woman under Illustrated category.

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you still working on it? because we want some characters that are included in the downloadable assets 11.0 to exist in the captivate version 11.5+ which currently is not the case. please confirm that some downloaded installable assets from the assets 11.0 installer (https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/access-adobe-elearning-assets.html) are not working in the captivate 11.5+ version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got similar problems as well. With me, the whole Assets panel is just blank. Nothing there to click on and open/ download; neither under Projects/ Slides, nor under Characters, nor under any of the other categories.

I did was was advised by Charushree here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11125294

and also tried a complete Captivate re-install - no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you launch captivate in administrative mode and see if that helps? 

-Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always run Captivate as Administrator. Tried without now once just out of curiosity - no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem that i am having as well.  My assets screen is totally blank; when I click on anything I get no graphics, starters, video, etc.  I work in admin mode, I have tried clearing the content and preferences and even reinstalling.  What am I doing wrong?  HELP!Asset Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I figured out by now that this happens to me only when I'm behind company firewalls/ proxies. When I'm connected to the internet directly through my private DSL at home all items show up as expected, and seem to download/ insert into the project fine.

Strange - I might have expected problems in downloading the content, but not in displaying the thumbnail images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they present in the Content folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, together with a json file in every category.
I assume this json files hold some kind of TOC of the content in the respective category, and are somehow blocked on my company network for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation, trying to find out dfferences with previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version 11.5 doesn't utilize the eLearning_assets.exe file (though the download URL mention those typical 3 steps).

Instead, it integrated the characters, projects, icons,image together in the installation. However those are not the real file, only thumbnails, which upon selection was downloaded into your slide/project, but not saved into the program directory.

bottom line: you need to have a good internet connection to utilize these assets.

issue:  This is a downgrade step, rendering the eLearning_assets.exe file useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the new folder location details of Asset panel assets in 11_5 :

Windows:

1. Thumbnails of all the assets that are shown under asset panel ( slides,projects,characters..etc) are saved           under C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Content\[image, video..etc]

2. When you select an asset and click Insert, the actual content is downloaded and saved in the same folder where its thumbnails are      stored.

for example, if i Insert an image, it will be downloaded under C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning      Assets\Content\Image\ [respective folder]

3. Characters that are downloaded from Discover tab (eLearning website) are stored at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning     Assets\Characters_11_5\Assets\Assets

4.Templates that are downloaded from Discover tab (eLearning website) are stored at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning      Assets\SampleProjects

5. Images and videos that are downloaded from Discover tab ( Adobe Stock website) are stored      at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Stock

Same folder structure holds good for MAC. content file location for MAC: Documents/My Adobe Captivate projects/Adobe eLearning Assets/Contents

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this inofrmation, very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem - this happens to me only when I'm behind company firewalls/ proxies

Is there a work around or an .exe file to be added to allowed apps to remedy this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone gotten a good answer to this.  I still can not use the assets at work or over VPN but when on regular WiFi at home I see everything.  I don't think I have seen a direct fix to this problem, or at least one that I understand.  I wold appreciate anyones assistance; I can't assume that this is just happening to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please log a bug report, because this is a very specific situation (over VPN) and I fear that more restrictions are valid for such a setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charu, I did see that option to download all the poses of one character, which would be a great improvement? Just, it didn't work for me neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we do not support this workflow. we can't download all the poses of a character at once. but this would a good enhancement.

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new workflow will look very suspicious.

So instead of giving customer offline version of the assets, Captivate

provides integrated "thumbnail" assets in 11_5. Which later to be

downloaded one by one when needed.

Previously in 10 and 11. The extra asset installation file (called

elearning_assets.exe) will gives users some additional offline assets.

These installation file apparently is not working in 11_5 as it is keep

making 11_0 version folders.

Chatting with support officer directly, he was not even aware about this

issue apparently. Later given up, and and suggested to downgrade to

version 11_0

Please explain the reason behind this new workflow? Is it a bug or a scheme?

On Tue, 18 Jun. 2019, 5:22 pm Charushree MB, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation file (eLearning_assets.exe) is not compatible with 11_5. However if you insist on using the offline assets that you have already downloaded in 11_0 version, here is something you can try:

1. go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Character_11\ [Category]\[Character]

2.Copy Image and thumbnails folder

3. go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Characters_11_5\Assets\Assets and paste it here.

you will be able to see the character/s under Assets->Downloads->Characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources