• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions dont show up when trying the qiuz more that once.

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I test my course and do the quiz everythin glooks fine.
When I click to take the quiz once again the text for the questions are gone?
I have set ut to infinite attempts

First try

yeaq.png

Second try

noeq.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Have you removed any of the default captions from your quiz questions?  I refer to the Question Title caption that tells what type of question is is (True/Fales, Multiple Choice) or the Question text caption that holds the question.

If so, that can cause malfunctioning quiz questions.

Your project might also have become corrupted.  To test this assumption, create a new blank Captivate project file and insert a single multiple choice quiz question.  Change NOTHING about the question slide, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you removed any of the default captions from your quiz questions?  I refer to the Question Title caption that tells what type of question is is (True/Fales, Multiple Choice) or the Question text caption that holds the question.

If so, that can cause malfunctioning quiz questions.

Your project might also have become corrupted.  To test this assumption, create a new blank Captivate project file and insert a single multiple choice quiz question.  Change NOTHING about the question slide, then test in HTML5 output. 

Do you see the same issue even in a new blank project?  If so, you may have a problem with your Captivate installation.  If not, then your current project may be corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I put all the original buttons and fields back it works. Hmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reset the quizz using the javascript cp.resetQuizData();.

It did reset it byt I cant take the quiz again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason why you do not just use the Retake Quiz button that Captivate can provide on the Quiz Results slide?  What is the reason for trying to do this with JavaScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using that the correct answered are already filled in. I want it to be blank 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is not right here.  If you use Captivate's normal Retake Quiz option and the learner clicks that button on the Quiz Results slide then all of their previous answers are wiped out.  The learner is returned to the first scored quiz element in the project to start the quiz again with zero score.  They should not be seeing any previous answers on any of the quiz questions unless they were in Quiz Review mode.

So where are your users seeing previous answers?  Can you show us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

(Please INSERT the screenshots, not ATTACH them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is compulsory to use the Retake button on the Score (Results) slide.  That is the easiest way also to reset all answers. Why do you want to use JS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using that the correct answered are already filled in. I want it to be blank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As can be seen here

2021-04-29 12_16_32-localhost_50185_preview_HTML5Temp21436270601484Pre_index.html.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you show is the Review status of the slides. Are you sure to have clicked the Retake button, not the Review button?  Drag the Review button under the Retake button.  That will prevent that you click the Review button, which will not only get you in Review state, but also delete any further attempts on Quiz level. I don't want to send more links... but it would be good to read those basic blogs, there is one about the Score slide as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is NOT from the RETAKE Quiz button.  What you show here is indicating you have entered the Quiz REVIEW mode. 

Go back and check your Quiz Settings again.  You've turned on Quiz Review by mistake.

I agree that the names are similar (Retake Quiz vs. Review Quiz) but when retaking the quiz the learner does NOT see their previous answers.  If in Review Mode the quiz can not be retaken unless the entire module is relaunched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that must be it. Thank you. Will look for the retake button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retake.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jup that did it thank you.

Another weird thing is that the background color for the reulst slide is orange. I have a maste slide BG that works on everything else but not on the result slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Master slide background as background. It covers the whole slide
When I use PRoject background. The image is squezed to the top bar2021-04-29 12_49_55-localhost_50185_preview_HTML5Temp21436272594343Pre_index.html.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show the Timeline for the Results Master slide (use the master slide background), please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a too simple question: did you set up Infintie attempts on Quiz level (in the Quiz Preferences) or on question level (in the Quiz Properties)? Did you use the Retake button on the Results slide to retake the quiz?

More about attempts in this basic blog:

Captivate's Quizzes (3): Attempts and Scores - eLearning (adobe.com)

Just out of curiosity: what is the language used in that course? Looks from Scandinavia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i set it in the quiz preferences.

Yes its Norwegian: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. My language intuition was proved correct...

You may have a look at some of the basic quiz blogs I wrote, where I insist - like Rod - not to delete the default embedded objects. Have a look at:

Captivate's Quizzes (1): Terminology - eLearning (adobe.com)

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Husk, du skal skrive på dansk herinde 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Denmark... Norway... great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources