• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound doesnt play on one slide only

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda stuck on why my slide-audio doesn't play on one of my slides. It works fine in all other slides and I am not sure what I'm missing.

I attached a screenshot of my timeline, maybe there is something that I don't see here that's causing this?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-23 um 13.26.34.png

Slide-audio doesn't seem to be affected by a button pausing the slide, so that shouldn't be causing any issues, and even if it would it should play the audio for the first couple seconds.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Here is a possible cause:

• You have the On Enter event of the slide set to 'Pause'
  • You have used the On Enter event of the slide to Mute

The multiple interactive objects have pausing points (one has a later pausing point) but by default that will not at all pause the slide audio. Only when you check that feature in the Properties panel of the interactive object will it pause, but would have started to play since part of the audio is before the first pausing point:

ButtonAudio.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a possible cause:

• You have the On Enter event of the slide set to 'Pause'
  • You have used the On Enter event of the slide to Mute

The multiple interactive objects have pausing points (one has a later pausing point) but by default that will not at all pause the slide audio. Only when you check that feature in the Properties panel of the interactive object will it pause, but would have started to play since part of the audio is before the first pausing point:

ButtonAudio.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I didn't consider the OnEnter event! That was the one thing the other slides (at least the ones with sound) didn't have. And indeed it was set to pause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the QSPs in the Assets panel do the same. I have warned already that it is a bad idea. Look at this blog, to see my warnings:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-adding-audio-to-qsp-slides-ready-to-go-slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources