Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unable to login to Captivate(2019) since morning and the error that pops up is as below. I am using Windows 10  (Build 18363.1679) and have all my browser and OS up to date.

This comes up when I open Captivate and once i click on sign in.

Update required

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.

Kindly help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Thanks a lot, everyone for ur responses and @santoshn25659042 for your suggestions. I finally got a resolution from Adobe Chat support and they asked me to follow some instructions and it worked 🙂

Attached text file with the instructions Hope it helps someone with similar issues 🙂

Strangely I can't paste those instructions in the post here, it's not accepting (might be an issue to be solved some other day :D)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rebooting your system?  Shut down and restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rebooting does not do a thing. I too have the same issues and we are using Windows 1909 Enterprise with Edge browser as default browser. Some other suggestions would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in fact have updated my windows and reinstalled Captivate as well. But still the same error. It has been 2 days and that's costing us a lot 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps

@Gobbz Hi Gobbz, get the regkey files from here and update. It sorted my problem. Download the file and update the registry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@santoshn25659042, is there a way to easily download the file and somehow import it into the registry, or does it have to be done manually? Can I simply grab the acrobat key and create it from there?

Thanks,

~Anon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes on the link Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps there is download reg file option. Click on it and download update registry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hii @santoshn25659042 I upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 latest build(22000.100) yesterday..Today I was trying to install Adobe cc 2018..and its showing continuously 'update required', though I have the latest build of windows and also using latest version of Google Chrome for default web browser.Please say what to do..
  2. In windows 10 it was running..but in windows 11..it is not running 🥲

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by Adobe CC 2018, but most applications have not yet been declared compatible with Windows 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to say Adobe Photoshop cc 2018

But I showed some video where some people are installing and running Photoshop cc 2021 on windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to update registry @santoshn25659042 can you please tell me?🤓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to this link and see the snip below and download the file and update registry. This method works for Creative Cloud product 

Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps

santoshn25659042_0-1628028775617.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MAINAK5D19  please see my reply above as to where to find registry fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installed the reg files-still getting this same message trying to install the LR downloader

Deborah5D19_0-1628957852620.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last resort was to uninstall/reinstall CC-same thing! So frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to download the latest version of Adobe creative cloud and your problem will get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked to download the latest version of Creative Cloud.  

Fixing the registry did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunately means (in my case it did anyway) that you will have to start a trial period of Adobe apps - if you do so, just cancel immediately after so that you don't forget to do it later.

But this certainly did the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Never should have stayed with Adobe.

Monkeys program better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes does not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had same issue, Adobe Captivate asked me to update OS or Default browser.

Browser: MS Edge

Online Update Winsows to Windows 10 version:1909.

Restart computer, still same issue, asking update OS and brower.

My captivate version is 2019.

It worked in June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, everyone for ur responses and @santoshn25659042 for your suggestions. I finally got a resolution from Adobe Chat support and they asked me to follow some instructions and it worked 🙂

Attached text file with the instructions Hope it helps someone with similar issues 🙂

Strangely I can't paste those instructions in the post here, it's not accepting (might be an issue to be solved some other day :D)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gobbz Thanks for the heads up. I had just contacted Adobe staff for helping. It seems not to be necessary anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gobbz  so I tried to use the same file to fix my Adobe DC login issue. It did not seem to fix it. So just close the app and copy the file to the location in your txt file and reopen the app is in it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources