Hi good afternoon, I write because lately I've been experiencing some issues with Adobe Character Animator.
The current version that I have is the 3.3 also I don't use the creative cloud, still I keep getting errors such as the "Unable to open project: repo.noindex" when I just start Adobe Character, try to create a new project or even try to open an already existing "puppet" file. Iv'e tried reinstalling the program but this doesn't seem to help at all.
It would be great if you could help me with this situation.
Sorry to hear your problems.
Are you seeing the error to create a new project?
If so, can you try following steps?
1) Quit CH if it is running.
2) Holding option (Mac) or alt (Win) key down, launch CH.
Step 2 will bypass to open the most recent used character project on launch, and create a new project.
Do you still see the error?
Also could you copy/paste the error message or share a screenshot of the message here? I’d like to check if there is any known issues.
Thanks for answering, I tried what you suggested but I keep getting this error. Next thing I was going to do was to format my computer to see if it solved the problem, but it'd be a huge help if there is other way to fix this.
sorry my Adobe Character is in Spanish but it roughly translates as "Unable to open project C:/.......repo.index/, if it is located on a server, copy it to a local drive and open it from there"
Thank you for trying steps.
Could you please try following steps?
1) Quit CH if it is running.
2) Go to your Documents directory/Adobe/Character Animator/
3) Select "Character Animator proyecto 5" folder and zip it.
4) Rename "Character Animator proyecto 5" folder to something else (e.g. "Backup Character Animator proyecto 5")
5) Try to launch CH again.
Do you still see this problem?
Hi, I tried to zip the project but whenever I launch CH it keeps creating a new project so right now I'm currently "on project numer 8"
Also if i try to open previously created projects I get this:
Thank you for checking.
Did you install Character Animator 3.3.0 on the default location? If not, please send me the path where you installed CH via direct message.
Also, what is your OS version/language?
Is it possible for you to update CH to the latest release (3.4) and try it?
Now I just tried to deactivate my anti virus and CH started working normally again, so it was really conflict with my antivirus. I will still continue checking if this is a permanent fix. Anyways thank you. 🙂 I will come again if I have any other problem.
Ah. Ch tries to lock the files, but if antivirus gets there first, ch fails to claim the lock and it cries. This is also why server mounted files don't work - the server api does not support the file locking api, so again it often fails. most software assumes if it creates a file it can also lock it.
To zip the project you do not need to start up CH. Find the project with Finder and Zip that directory.
Reformatting your computer is VERY unlikely to fix the problem. It is more likely to be disk full, file permissions issue, anti-virus software, or cloud sync software.
- Did it create any files or directories? If so, less likely to be file permissions issue. (if nothing exists, then it might be.) Use Finder to see if you can find the directory on your machine.
- To check if disk full, click the apple icon (top left), select "about this mac" (first menu item), then look at the storage tab. How much disk space is left?
- Antivirus/cloud sync - i have no experience here on mac, but on windows they often cause problems. However given it is so reliable, i suspect this is not the problem.
I see, so that won't solve the problem. To answer your questions yes it creates files and directories, also it has enough space. By the way, I'm using Windows, right know. But now I just tried to deactivate my anti virus and it started working normally again, so it was really conflict with my antivirus. I will still continue checking if this is a permanent fix. Anyways thank you. I will come again if I have any other problem.