Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms Don't Swing & Character Stretched

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My character's arms don't swing during the walk cycle. I looked up a thread where someone else was having the same problem, but his problem was that he didn't have the neck, waist, and hips tagged.  I do, and the arms still don't swing.  See below.

Also, for now reason I can figure out, my character's body is suddenly stretched out and only connects to the head at the chin.Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 8.43.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-01 at 8.44.04 PM.png

Also, also, the head doesn't move with the body.  It stays welded into place, like the arms.  Mind you, the torso and legs move as they should, but the arms and head don't move, and I have no idea why.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are probably multiple issues, but one strange one I notice is the arm origin is not green, as in it is not attached to its parent. The Attach Type is auto however (correct). There is also no yellow outline around the arm - just the blue bounding box. Could you click on the Body layer above the arm in rigging, and include that screenshot as well? Also, in the scene window, try holding down ALT and clicking the refresh button at the bottom left (two arrows in a circle). That flushes some internal caches Just in case.

CH requires everything in a layer to be contiguous. You could try setting the Contour setting to see if that helps. Its almost like some bits of artwork ended up in the wrong layers, confusing CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I'll take a closer look at how the arms are attached.  Maybe I can tweak that a bit.

Below is the screen shot you asked for.  I clicked on the body, right above the arm.  Cheers.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 5.44.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some new clues.  I've turned on the character mesh and noticed that, when I click on the Body, only the torso has a mesh on it.  When I click on either arm, only the hands have a mesh on them.  The arms don't.  I've compared this to one of the character templates, which has a mesh covering the whole arm - including the hands - and the whole torso, including the head.  Still not sure why this is or how to fix it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 6.10.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-09 at 6.10.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like Right Arm under it has “Arm” marked as independent. I don’t think that is what you want. Try leaving Right Arm as independent but the child Arm layer remove the “+” / crown from that layer. You want independence only on layers that should move separately. E.g. the arm wants to swing beside the body so should be independent, but the hand should not be independent as it should move etc with the arm. So Arm being independent inside Right Arm is a bit strange And might be causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines