Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms Still Stuck and Motionless

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 12.05.49 PM.png

The arms of my character do not move with my arms when move my hands to gesture.

The following are the strategies I have already tried.

1. I added draggable tags to the hands.

2. I made the attachment style hinge.

3. I tried enabling the body tracking behavior.

4. I tried moving the origin position for both the arms and the body.

Any advice?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

In your case, you should just click on the x to remove the tags, move or create nodes (handles), and then add the appropriate tags using the puppet map to the right - highlight the node and click on the corresponding point on the map to add the tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the IK (inverse kinematics) behavior to the puppet. Also, the elbow and shoulder should not be sharing the same node. Move those nodes out along the arm (in their natural locations) and apply the tags appropriately. Move the body behavior over to the root of the puppet as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to move the nodes or even want the nodes are. I will try though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video should provide some assistance. https://youtu.be/7GKCw4f1UrI?t=878

Also, if you want us to troubleshoot your puppet, export it and put it into a file sharing service like Google Drive or Drop Box and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Here is a link to my struggling puppet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N-SrYFggF48cAW-ct8eVs0-TLnTwTAsH/view?usp=sharing

The arms can be dragged, but they don't move when I move my arms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I moved the nodes (using the arrow tool) to the wrist and elbow and applied the appropriate tags. I removed the behaviors. The puppet seems to work fine for me. Give it a try and let me know. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ro6NlRBEJKdVJrHfYj6DjsFGyXlkgLDc/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry for all the stupid questions, but I tried doing all of this from scratch myself, and I couldn't move the nodes because it seemed like there was only one node and all of the tags were attached to it.  In other words, they moved as a group of three when I dragged them around using the arrow tool. Is there a way to make additional nodes so that each tag has its own node?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should definitely spend time going through OkaySamurai tutorial videos, starting with the one that @TheOriginalGC pointed to.

To add a new handle, go to the bottom of the puppet panel, select the Handle Tool, and click where you want to add a handle.

add_handle_AdobeExpress.gif

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your case, you should just click on the x to remove the tags, move or create nodes (handles), and then add the appropriate tags using the puppet map to the right - highlight the node and click on the corresponding point on the map to add the tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines