Attach an independent sleeve to an independent arm?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have these big sleeves for my character. I have made arms that go underneath and you use these to bend control the arms.I want to make the sleeves loose feeling with dangle physics. I don't want the dangle effect to affect the actual arms, so both are independent. I have attached the origin of the sleeves to the draggable point on the hands. However, it doesn't attach to the shoulder so it just floats around hanging on the hand. Is there any way I can work around this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamey,

did you try using the pin tool and pin the shirt to the top of the shoulder? and origin point can also be at shoulder, and you can add dangles to the bottom of the sleeve?

hope that helps,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shoulders are pinned in the video. And adding a dangle over the existing one doesn't work, it will never pick up both. Mostly neither.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there's an easy way to do this currently, unfortunately - I just tried and couldn't figure out a solid solution. There might be some hacky way to do it, but for now I'd keep the sleeves static.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines