• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

basic color change

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 1.32.43 PM.pngI downloaded the character "blank," have watched the hour+ tut and learned a lot but I can NOT figure out how to change the color of his shirt (or other things).  I select the "replace" layer (it clearly seletcs his shirt) and create a new layer (using "+" button below).  I double click to get the layer style box, click color overlay, hue, change the color (the color is in the preview box hat I would like to chnage to, looks right to me), click ok and nothing changes.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get any good answers here you can also try the photoshop forums - or do what i do and search on youtube for short videos on 'how to xxx in photoshop'. I use illustrator more, but basically i select a layer from the layers panel then paint onto it with a brush. I might use the magic selection tool first to select the area of the existing artwork so i don't paint outside that area. But I am a photoshop novice too - hence use the videos on youtube to archive specific tasks.

I guess my key message is I would suggest not changing the layers or their names at first (for a few days). The layer structure is very important to character animator. Then once you are confident with simple artwork, then look into layers more. It is very easy to mess up a puppet by changing its layer structure (adding and removing them). So just paint onto the existing layers as a first learning step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that answer!  I'm acyually pretty good with PS, I think it's a bug because other objects work fine.  BUT, that being said I watched a tut on using PS vs Illustrator and I think I may make the switch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Billy,

I feel compelled to hop in on the discussion. I have been using PS ans AI almost from their inception some 20+ years ago. Each has their place in my world of videography. But I find that the AI structure more closely emulates what is needed in CH. And as Alan pointed out, AI is vector base and can scale from postage stamp to billboard without loosing resolution. Shading is more tricky in AI, and there are no AI masks. But all in all I prefer AI over PS. Perhaps AI fits my engineering mind. Be well and safe. - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines