• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Body warping when waving

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on my first puppet. I got my first issue fixed and now I have a whole bunch of new ones. First when I wave it warps his whole body. Second he now has a bunch of rigging issues that the system picked up but I have no idea how to fix them. Some include his mouth movement which is driving me nuts. I used "Blank" as my template and moved things around from there to fit my character. Any help would be appreciated. I attached my puppets file, hopefully you all can open it and look at him.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

I had exactly the same issue. You used SadMouth, and I bet you did not tie it to a behaviour. What I decided to do is to get rid of it together, and perhaps add it later when my puppet works.

Also from what I saw, you need to tag your Eyeballs as Left/Right Pupil range (use the text labels and not the representation of the puppet on the right for this)

You may want to have a look at this, it looks like a folder inside a folder and both of them are tagged, which in my limited experience led to Ch c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at this video, body wrapping can happen when parts are not set as Independent as they should. Arms for instance. Have a look at this video which explains it in simple terms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJEVBHl0EE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that fixed my body warping issue but I still have tons of rigging issues the system is picking up that I do not understand how to fix them. Many of the mouth pieces. I'm trying to figure out how to save my puppet to my creative cloud so that you all can see those rigging issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie Puppet  Finally figured out how to share him!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exactly the same issue. You used SadMouth, and I bet you did not tie it to a behaviour. What I decided to do is to get rid of it together, and perhaps add it later when my puppet works.

Also from what I saw, you need to tag your Eyeballs as Left/Right Pupil range (use the text labels and not the representation of the puppet on the right for this)

You may want to have a look at this, it looks like a folder inside a folder and both of them are tagged, which in my limited experience led to Ch confusion (as both of them are tagged + independent)

nik5C88_0-1612006455357.png

and it looks like you did this several times :

nik5C88_1-1612006531902.png

Remember one thing. Once single mistake somewhere can have consequences everywhere. I learnt that the hard way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines