• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animation related question

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, following the  YouTube by  Okay Samurai tutorial ( Getting Started in Adobe Character Animation CC) which I like very much, I have encountered an issue:  after adding the draggable handles, the arm would not move in the scene mode. All  other features of the app seems to look just fine. Would anybody please,  point me out where the solution of the above mentioned issue would be ? Thank you in advance. Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 02.13.50.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Okay, thanks for the screenshots. So you are in the scene mode but you have not recorded a "take" yet. The "Dragger handle()" part is a recording I had made in the scene. The red dots means you have everything armed ready to record. So press the red circle at the bottom of the scene window to start recording (it will give you a 3 second count down), or press control-R (windows). That will start recording values for all the armed properties. If you drag the hand around while recording, you will g

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot looks like Rig mode still - are you sure you are in scene mode? The yellow outline etc does not appear on layers of the puppet in scene mode. If you skim through Project Wookie, Episode 2: Rigging Simple Arms and Legs - YouTube  it has some examples of jumping between modes. Episode 25 talks about independent layers for arms if that matters, but I don't think it does in your case. (Project Wookie – A Beginner YouTube Playlist – Extra Ordinary, the Series might be a better starting point if you want to see them all - hmmm, I need to add the new ones to it still)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing is to check if the puppet is armed in the timeline,

and the Dragger property is armed in the properties panel.

If not, the dragger is turned off.

Oh, you might need to click on the correct puppet to highlight it in the timeline as well, so CH knows which puppet the drags are for:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  so much for the advise. Looking at my timeline - I do not see the Dragger - Handle () as on your screenshot. I have double checked at the Rig mode, the draggable handle is active. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 11.54.58.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-22 at 12.00.13.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 11.40.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the attention and advise. Seems like i'm in the scene mode. Please, see the attached screen shot.Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 11.39.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for the screenshots. So you are in the scene mode but you have not recorded a "take" yet. The "Dragger handle()" part is a recording I had made in the scene. The red dots means you have everything armed ready to record. So press the red circle at the bottom of the scene window to start recording (it will give you a 3 second count down), or press control-R (windows). That will start recording values for all the armed properties. If you drag the hand around while recording, you will get a "take" appear under the puppet bar you currently have. You just click in the scene near where you know the dragger is (on the hand) and start dragging the hand around. You can practice without recording first, but if you want to keep the movements you need to record it.

Project Wookie, Episode 2: Rigging Simple Arms and Legs - YouTube showed simple rigging of a photo (no independent layers like Chloe has) - Episode 25 shows independent layers. Project Wookie, Episode 3: Recording a First Scene - YouTube shows an example of recording.

A useful trick is if in Rig mode, if you click on the dragger and hit "Enter", you can type in a name like "left hand". WHen you make a recording, that name appears inside parenthesis. E.g. "Dragger handle()" would become "Dragger handle (left hand)" which makes it easier to work out what takes are for what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the nice explanation with the extra tips. I will surely give it a try soon and will let you know about the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again, thank you for helping me out. I have decided to delete all related to  the  project with the issue  and start the new one from scratch. No surprise, everything works just fine. ( the puppet arms are moveable now). All the best to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines