• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character get fatter when using Motion Tracker. Why?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Motion Tracker in Character Animator, I notice the torso gets a little more wider, making my character look fatter than what I drew in Illustrator.

It's something I've ignored since I started using it, but it's really bugging me now.

I feel like I've rigged everything correctly.

Screenshots attached.

Puppet here (can't attach .puppet files): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pudQlWlLjkX-P0qqJ_No6FT4FnN3Knpj/view?usp=sharing)

Can anyone help with not making my character fat with Motion Tracker?

TOPICS
How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I sort of figured it out - had to stretch the waist a bit longer, and added more overlap between the legs and waist.

It still makes the character pudgy, but not as much as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I've found that playing around with the waist, hips, shoulder, and neck tags can have a dramatic effect on how your character moves with motion library. You may also want to experiment with the tracked handles section to uncheck some of these handles and see what it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines