• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Characterizer without the special effects?

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have people played with Characterizer much? I was trying to turn my own face into a puppet, but had the following problems.

• I *had* to pick a style - I could not just use the images of me directly. Is my face too ugly? 😞
  • All the characters had dark hair (or no hair) - so none looked like me - is there a way to change hair color?

I may try without using characterizer at all - just take screenshots myself. Just wondering if I am missing something obvious. I wanted to turn *my* face into a puppet, but it does not seem to help with that.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent tried this out, but maybe try clicking on creating your own style, and use an image of yourself. That might work. Would be interesting to find out if you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to create a photo-type puppet without a style using Characterizer. It's definitely a common request. 

As for changing the color of the hair, you can use any image you want as a style and you could pick the hair color in that image style. 

Finally, if you want a puppet that looks exactly like a photograph of yourself, you can definitely make it manually. I'm planning on making some tutorials over the next few weeks and I think this is a good topic to cover. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines