Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Characters arms warp when I add new objects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Complete newbie to this software and have realised that when I add new objects to my chracter i.e. a guitar or dumbells it warps the arms. When I remove the object completely and click save. the warping goes away. You can see below what I mean and how I added the object in Illustrator. Any help would be great.

objects.png

Thanks

Ben

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

I have not found a better solution to 2 recordings. Do one then the other.

However, in the just released version there is now keyframing support. What this means is you can add a Transform behavior to each hand. Normally you record using a dragger. If instead you use Transform (added to hand) you can use  keyframing to specify a position for a hand, then do one for the other hand. You can align the key frames much more easily.

Another approach is to record multiple draggers but what you can do i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What might help is to get a screen shot of the rigging panel showing the handles and sticks you have on the arm.

Something looks suspicious about that particular warping, like when you pick the dumber the handles for moving the arms are no longer over the artwork causing problems.

Regardless, if you NEVER want the dumbbell to warp, rename it to put a + at the front of the layer name to make it independent. That will stop any arm warping from affecting the dumbbell, which is probably appropriate here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your quick response and for fixing my problem. The '+' on the dumbell object is all it needed to stop the warping.... One other quick question and please feel free to throw me a tutorial link if you know one. I want to move both my arms at the same time i.e. chracter lifting the dumbells up and down. The only way i've figured out how to do this is record one arm then record the other arm seperately. Is this something that can be handled by a keyboard trigger as i'm finding it hard to sync both arms to look the same.

Thanks

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not found a better solution to 2 recordings. Do one then the other.

However, in the just released version there is now keyframing support. What this means is you can add a Transform behavior to each hand. Normally you record using a dragger. If instead you use Transform (added to hand) you can use  keyframing to specify a position for a hand, then do one for the other hand. You can align the key frames much more easily.

Another approach is to record multiple draggers but what you can do is do the two drags roughly synchronized then go to the longer recording and cut a little bit out (split the recording) then overlap the two recordings and blend the overlap.

Keyframing will give you smooth perfect movements. Messing with draggers will give you rougher inconsistent movements. So i would choose based on the effect you are after

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest videos from dave (adobe) on introducing key framing should explain it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines