Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping mask made in illustrator does not fit correct in Adobe character

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei,

I have made an object in Adobe illustrator with a clipping mask. Example a dress with a motive.

However using this Adobe Character it looks like In other words the whole layer used in the clipping mask is shown. Is this a bug or am i doing something not correct?

Joop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Clipping groups in an Illustrator file cannot be converted properly (only clipping masks from Photoshop). However, if you can represent the intended mask as a separate layer, you can make it a clipping mask in the Puppet panel via the Puppet > Create Clipping Mask command.

See the Chloe (Illustrator) template puppet on the Start workspace for an example of how her clipping mask was set up. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joop,

I found that grouping individual paths, etc. inside of Layers and then creating a Clipping Mask can sometimes assist issues like this. Can you try that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei Kevin,

The dress path and the motive for dress were as separate layers in a group. Then I applied to dress path and motive the clipping mask resulting in the photo shown on top in my first email. Is this what you meant or not. If not try then to give me the éxact'procedure you mentioned. Thanks,

Joop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipping groups in an Illustrator file cannot be converted properly (only clipping masks from Photoshop). However, if you can represent the intended mask as a separate layer, you can make it a clipping mask in the Puppet panel via the Puppet > Create Clipping Mask command.

See the Chloe (Illustrator) template puppet on the Start workspace for an example of how her clipping mask was set up. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines