• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Puppets, Photoshop Vs Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I am new to Character Animator. Before I spend a lot of hours creating puppets, Im trying to decide if its better to create them in Photoshop or Illustrator. Illustrator seams to be the obvious choice since it's vector based, but all tutorials seam to favor photoshop puppets. Is there a reason puppets made in Photoshop will be better in the long run?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Illustrator so I can zoom right in on faces without losing resolution, but I suspect photoshop gives you more tools for textures etc. Just make sure the photoshop file is high enough resolution so you can zoom in to the level you want without pixelization, but not too big so CH runs out of memory. Not all illustrator effects are rendered in CH as well, so if you like advanced effects in Illustrator, try them quickly first to see if they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go with what you feel comfortable with, both Photoshop and Illustrator files work great. And like I said in your YouTube comment, there are several Illustrator examples and tutorials out there - on the Start panel in app, check out Blank Face, Chloe, and Bandit, who are all in Illustrator. There are some more on adobe.com/go/chexamples as well (including Bluster from last month).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines