Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drifting facial features

Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have built a character with facial features similar to the "Seth" puppet. I am having the lip-sync and head movements to follow a pre-recorded audio track. So far, so good. The only issue I'm having is that the facial features (eyes, eyebrows and mouth) tend to drift accross the face instead of staying in the same place on the face, as if it was the red monster. Is this normal or did I mess something up?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check the parallax settings? Are the origins of any independent layers for eyes etc green (indicating correctly attached to the parent)? 

Could you share the rigging hierarchy? Maybe a short video? What you are describing does not sound normal. Or put another way, try another character from Adobe - if it is not doing the same thing, then its something about your rigging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give it a try and get back to you. Here's the weird thing. It only appears to be happening with the "Compute Head Movement from Speech" action in the Timeline menu. I cannot replicate it with normal head tracking movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it with the Tull puppet and got the exact same results. It looks like I'll have to do my own head movements for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines