• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Linking Issues

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH crashes every single time that is link my document into the program from AI. I would change the file name of my AI document so that CH wont read the file when I run the program and CH then opens fine, and I then import the re-named AI document. However, when I have to edit the original document in AI of even re-open CH, the linking causes a crash. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Dynamic link , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the AI file? See if it crashes for someone else as well? Either you are triggering a bug somehow, or its running out of memory or similar trying to CH and AI at the same time. Or maybe incompatible versions of CH and Illustrator...?

The "linking" between AI and CH is minimal (it is not "dynamic linking" like between CH and Prem Pro or After Effects). AI writes a file to disk and CH reads it afterwards. Edit Original from the menu effectively double clicks on the file for you. That is the only integration that I know of (unless it has changed in a recent release). If you can share the AI file, can see if it crashes for other people. (I cannot check until next week, but others may be able to try.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines