• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyebrows and Eyeballs stopped working today.

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says.

I have many characters that I have made from the same template. One of them is working is fine.

They all have two head postions, looking forward and then looking in another direction.

When I have them look in the other direction, some of the chatacters eyebrows stop functioning or their eyes stop functioning or both. I can't figure out the problem.

Everything is tagged correctly and their layers are all set up the same, but only one of them is working fine right now.

They all used to be working fine and I have recordings of them working, so I don't know what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fd7ltwsbzrtfajp/Character%20-%20Kat.ai?dl=0

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

I would suggest having a look at the "Handles" and "Views" section of the Face behavior. Compare a working puppet to a non-working one and see what is different, especially for the eyebrows. Are the path names the same? Is anything missing? This is the layers/handles that the behavior really manipulates, so its useful to diagnose problems like eyebrows not moving. If the eyebrows layer name is not present there, then it did not find it. That might be because a parent Head layer or similar is mis

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest having a look at the "Handles" and "Views" section of the Face behavior. Compare a working puppet to a non-working one and see what is different, especially for the eyebrows. Are the path names the same? Is anything missing? This is the layers/handles that the behavior really manipulates, so its useful to diagnose problems like eyebrows not moving. If the eyebrows layer name is not present there, then it did not find it. That might be because a parent Head layer or similar is missing (it looks for Head first, then for eyebrows etc under the Head somewhere).

alank99101739_0-1598411063408.png

Also you shared the Illustrator file. What would be more useful is selecting "Export Puppet" from the menus. That will include the artwork AND rigging information which makes it much easier to make sure we are looking at the same thing. The normal problem is a stray tag (or a missing tag) which cannot be seen from the .ai file alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent HOURS trying to fix this yesterday. Turns out I just needed to tag the right profile view with "right profile." I always thought that was just for making the characters head turn with camera input, but turns out it's also for recognizing everything in the face.

After my first character (the one that works) I stopped naming the layers with the profile tag becayse key bindings make things easier for me.

Thank you so much AlanK!

YOU ARE AWESOME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines