• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to create scene

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my puppet file easily added to scene. However today, it will not open to scene.

The pop-up says:

Invalid image file.

Error code: (changeNotifier.js:49)

Error code: (engine.js:1228)

Error code: (bootstrap.js:3)

How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Ahh. Well, the only thing that worked was reloading the puppet from Ps again as a fresh new puppet and re-rigging and creating a new scene.

Thank you samurai!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you editing the PSD/AI, or move that file, or anything else outside of CH? Restart doesn't help? Are you able to add the character into a new scene, or is it happening no matter what?

If you go back in the History panel 2-3 steps at a time, does that help solve anything? Usually this fixes things for me, when I reverse over some problematic operation that caused it.

If the puppet is always causing issues, could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh. Well, the only thing that worked was reloading the puppet from Ps again as a fresh new puppet and re-rigging and creating a new scene.

Thank you samurai!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing - if it keeps happening please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but what if i dont want to start all my progress from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread was over a year old. If you are encountering a bug it’s worth asking here in the forums on a new thread in case someone can help. If not, raise it as a bug for the team to look at. But there have been releases since this thread so I would not assume any current problems are the same as old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess an easy way to fix this issue without recreating a new scene and re-set all necessary parameters is :
1. Erase mistake steps (e.g. create a swap set and turn on auto swap)

2. Goto Rig mode and create a new scene. (the scene name is not important here)

3. Get into the new scene

4. And then get into the previous scene which has problems before. The "Failed to create scene" problem should be fixed now.
5. Delete the new scene created in step #2.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered this issue twice in the last two days. As Kristie says, the only thing that works is re-rigging. I haven't tried the suggestion above, if I have a puppet that has a lot of hair or something (the puppet of me has over 400 strands of locs) I will. I think there is a break in connection somehow from Illustrator or Photoshop for some reason. When it happens, I am trying to fix an issue where I am stumped. I can see everything fine in Illustrator, but in CH Animator, it shows something different. I go back and just delete what I added and redo it. It then looks fine in CH Animator, but then I get that failed message. The screwed up thing about it is, these issues always happen when you have put the final nail in the coffin before things screw up and it's no fault of your own. It just makes the whole process exhausting and a little bit less fun. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going to come back here and say I was a lier, because my puppet came back, as I did save her. However, when I went to make another change and opened the file linked to the media whatever (the bain of my exsistance) and made the change and saved...no changes in CH Animator, so while having the art file open, I clicked the Illustraotr button again and CH Animator opened another file... no link. Question. If I reload CH Animator will I loose my saved projects? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines