Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head turn with camera

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can ask all day..

it really is annoying, when you trying to built up a character and something doesnt work (whats normal) but the only video you'll find is old an archived. Or I'm always falling back to the Hello-my-Name-is-Dave-Getting started-Video. I don't need Tips and Tricks (later),first I need (after getting started): How to turn the head, How to built an arm that's in front of the head, How to .. whatever.. (give me a day, I come up with new questions..). It would be really nice, if there where short videos about all these litte topics that really helped you getting started..

Ok, here's my question: What do I have to do to turn my characters head with the camera (I've checked with Dr. Applesmith, all the settings the same).

And by the way: Did you guys change left and right? In this video Building A Puppet From Scratch - ARCHIVED (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube  Dave said at 2:13 (..the CHARACTERS right or left..) but Dr. Applesmiths Right Quarter is HIS left Quarter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I was analyzing the Seth-Puppet I found randomly the little behaviour "plus" and suddenly it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you go to the top of the forums, there is a link to more recent videos - there are some good ones there, and they have already said they are moving from tips and tricks to topic specific instructional videos plus occasional community contribution videos.

I have some videos as well, but no head turning Yet. The are live streams (not high quality editing, but it shows EXACTLY what I did live - no skipped steps - you can fast forward the video! ;-). https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ As well as the Wookie series (animating a photo of a toy wookie using Photoshop and CH), I have a few on Adobe Draw (same channel, different playlist). I have a list of Illustrator and more advanced topics but I have Never got around to them (real life got in the way!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan,

thank you and great to hear, that they are planning to do more instructional videos!

I've tormented myself today (and yesterday) and now I'm able to do a head turn plus some inbetweens (with talking on the lastframe).

This was very helpful: Add in-between to your head turns

Short but to the point. Perfect.

And thank you for your Behind the Scenes videos! Also very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines