• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head views removes Arm IK tags

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a puppet with multiple head views, front, 3/4, profile. Now I have the head as a layer picker rather than a swap set as I have in-betweens and it allows for a smoother motion and doing a cycle layer does not allow for a smooth transition from 3/4 to profile as it goes to the beginning of each cycle and makes the puppet appear to have a nervous tick. but when I tag the views to allow for eye movement, it removes the tags from Arm IK rendering it useless.

This is what it looks like before I add a head tag view.

Without tags.JPG

I added only a front view

Head Tag.JPG

And when I go back Arm IK has no handles.

With tags.JPG

Does Arm IK only work with a puppet with no head turns or views?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

I have exactly the same problem. Dan Tull offered me this potential solution:

"

Also, I just noticed that your Arm IK behavior isn't actually finding the arms. It seems to be getting confused because the head views are tagged so it doesn't find the arm handles in the body (which has no view tag). I need to confirm if that's a bug, but the tagging the body as Frontal seems to ensure the arm handles are found/recognized."
-----------------

I'll try to work on it later today too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem. Dan Tull offered me this potential solution:

"

Also, I just noticed that your Arm IK behavior isn't actually finding the arms. It seems to be getting confused because the head views are tagged so it doesn't find the arm handles in the body (which has no view tag). I need to confirm if that's a bug, but the tagging the body as Frontal seems to ensure the arm handles are found/recognized."
-----------------

I'll try to work on it later today too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines