• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I ungroup layers?

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experimenting... grouped some layers, now I can't figure out how to ungroup them!

Thnx!

5 minutes later... LOL,..asking the question led me to an answer: make the layers in the group shareable (the layers were nested 2 deep). This resulted in a new puppet with the layers I wanted in the top level.

Still... is there some other way...besides "undo"...I was too far in.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

I never realized there was a group layers in CH! You are right, I can see no way to ungroup after grouping. You cannot drag the contents out a level, “reset layers” (right click menu) seems to do nothing, etc. You can submit feature requests (there is an area at the top of the forums).

Here is something you could try (with undo at the ready!). I took a puppet backed by a PSD file. I grouped the two eyes to create a new group. I then edited the PSD file and made a little change (I renamed some oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in Photoshop or Illustrator? The layer hierarchy inside Character Animator follows the structure of the artwork file. (Or have I missed the point?)

(In Photoshop there is an "ungroup layers" command if you right click on the group in the Layers panel.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to grouping layers in Character Animator (Puppet > group layers). I noticed that after I grouped layers, there doesn't seem to be a quick way to ungroup (as you would in AI or PSD).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never realized there was a group layers in CH! You are right, I can see no way to ungroup after grouping. You cannot drag the contents out a level, “reset layers” (right click menu) seems to do nothing, etc. You can submit feature requests (there is an area at the top of the forums).

Here is something you could try (with undo at the ready!). I took a puppet backed by a PSD file. I grouped the two eyes to create a new group. I then edited the PSD file and made a little change (I renamed some other layer elsewhere in the puppet that did not matter) and saved the file changes. When I came back to CH, it reimported the puppet. The left and right eye was still under the group, but there were ALSO added back in their old position (there were two copies!). I then deleted the group (it was strange having the eyes in the group and outside the group at the same time). I have not tested extensively, but seems to still work and tagging etc seems to have been preserved. Might be worth a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like another useful work around... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines