• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make pupil movements more precise

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my character fully done. The only problem now, is that when i look right the eyes go up and not right. It may be because of the eye shape, please help.

Character.png

TOPICS
Camera , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/amp/

You may need to add a pupil range layer and use clipping. The above post describes what I normally do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pupil range and clipping didnt fix the issue. I wonder if using head turns will fix it. The character always looks up when i look at my second monitor (which is a bit higher then the normal monitor) and i want him to look right instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a transform to rotate anything?

otherwise can you share some screenshots of the rigging hierarchy. Also select the eye (showing yellow outline and blue box) then pupil and share screenshots of them, and the pupil tangle layer. 

or export puppet from the menu and share a link to that via google drive, Dropbox etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here it is

Picture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. A few suggestions / questions:

• You have Left Eye inside Left Eye (and Right Eye inside Right Eye). Change the name of the nested layers to maybe LEye and REye and remove any tags that may have been added to those layers. It can confuse it.
  • What happens if you make the parent Left Eye and Right Eye layers independent? (This is not required, but I got confused for a moment as they are not independent. I would be curious to see if it helps at all.)
  • The yellow outline was a bit confusing - seems to go down the main body stick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I renamed the parent eye groups to L and R eye, it didnt change anything.

- I tried making the L and R eye group independent, but it didnt provide what i was looking for

- the body is just a stick, i dont know how to do body 😄

on a side note, this is just a minor issue that isnt too much of a problem, so i will probably close the discussion here, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, it was the nested layers to rename, not the parent.

And yes, I completely understand of getting on with life. Feel free to ask again later if you want to try again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines