• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have the same key in multiple swap sets but the controls now dont work!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I solved one problem with having only one layer as the default. This was when I made the A key for a left punch (with the right hand on waist 1 layer with both hands on it) but I wanted both the left and right neutral arms (seperate L & R layers) to be hidden on that on the A key press. This created a problem as when the A key was pressed the one layer (with both hands) appeared but only the default Left hand dissapeared and the right hand was hanging. So, I made an identical swap set but made the Right hand the default and the A key again swapping out the punch image layer). This worked and I started doing it for multiple swap sets.

My problem now is when greating controls it is a mess. They keyboard keys puppet perfectly but the on screen puppet control buttons only work with one swap set and not like the keys. Please see attached video for more clarification.
https://vimeo.com/911238407/c46429720c?share=copy

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a couple of days and I was hoping to get some help with this.
Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh interesting, I'm not sure why the controls panel is doing one thing and the key is doing another - I don't think I've seen that before. My best guess is that something in the swap sets are competing with each other, particularly since you have the same keys in multiple swap sets and different default states in each as well.

I'm not sure how much individual control you want, but you could try combining multiple layers into a single swap set instead of all the multiples. So if you drag an trigger over another one, it will combine the two. Then you could potentially make one giant "poses" swap set that includes all your different states so you can always ensure that you are only seeing one of those states at a time. This is how we set up the Animate from Audio puppets for Adobe Express - they are a big swap set that we swap between individual poses.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I abandoned the original plan with the same keys as I could not get it to work the way I wanted. I figured out a work around. Now I'm trying to figure out how to have custom icons in the control set buttons. I've seen people do it but can't seem to figure it out. The graphics for the buttons seems to just pull whatever is in the layer. But I've seen people use icons text etc.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Rig mode you can drag whatever layer you want on the controls. A common practice is to make an invisible folder called "Icons" in the stomach of the character and put all your icon art in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! That's awesome thank you so much for your tutorials and help.
I appreciate your patience as I get up to speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines