• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IK and "Return To Rest" Dragger Issue (Maybe)

Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new puppet of myself. It's all rigged and working, but after adding the IK behavior to both arms we're seeing that the arms plops back into "rest" even with 1 or 2 second transitions applied to the DRAGGER.
I have a screen shot of the problem as well as all the puppet stuff zipped here.

Thanks for any help you can give!

BOB-1.zip - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

I recall another recent comment about return to rest feeling like it delayed the return to rest delay but did not move the hands, then it jumped to the final position... Ah, here it is: Dragger's return to rest is acting strange since 2.0 update – Adobe video & audio apps  - if it sounds like the same, please vote and maybe add a link to this thread as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall another recent comment about return to rest feeling like it delayed the return to rest delay but did not move the hands, then it jumped to the final position... Ah, here it is: Dragger's return to rest is acting strange since 2.0 update – Adobe video & audio apps  - if it sounds like the same, please vote and maybe add a link to this thread as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds close enough that I assume there is a design issue with IK that might be causing my problem.  In my case, the arms are behaving as if there is no return duration. I guess at this point your answer is the correct one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That puppet looks great!

Sorry about the return from rest wonkiness. One thing that can work is to tag the draggable handles with transform and add a transform behavior. The downside of that is that it is averaging the dragged position with the transform, so you have to drag further to get the same position (if that makes sense).

Also, I just noticed that your Arm IK behavior isn't actually finding the arms. It seems to be getting confused because the head views are tagged so it doesn't find the arm handles in the body (which has no view tag). I need to confirm if that's a bug, but the tagging the body as Frontal seems to ensure the arm handles are found/recognized.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks lots Dan. I'll give that a shot 1st thing in the AM. I'm probably making some errors, as this is my first rig with anything near this complexity.  I truly appreciate all help with it.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a hack that keeps it from snapping back in place. The trade off is that you can't speed up the return. If you place a fixed point on the shoulder, it will slow the return movement to smooth. Here is a pic to show what I'm talking about. Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 2.24.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines