• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to weigh down the arms

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an issue that with every head tilt, the body follows through with the action, but unfortunately the arms do as well. I am looking for a solution to keep the arms to the side while the body is slightly pivoting from side to side.

Are there any suggestions to weigh the arms down or reduce the arm's secondary action from the body movements?

Neutral POSE

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 9.09.57 PM.png

Left EXTREME

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 9.10.04 PM.png

Right EXTREME

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 9.10.17 PM.png

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are different approaches. If the head is not independent, then you are telling it to move the body. The arms are probably weld attached to the body, telling it to move the arms when the body moves. You could try “Hinge”... not sure if that will work.

If you do not want the head to be independent (it causes problems with hair behind the body if independent), then you need to look at lots of sticks and pins trying to lock down the shoulders from moving so much - you want the neck to bend instead. That can cause other problems, but is the best solution I have found.

Another approach is to put draggers at points on the shoulders or arms - as soon as you drag the dragger, that recording locks down the position (overrides the influnece of the head on the body). Its a way of doing a pin that is only in effect some of the time - you do a drag and record that - its like a pin for the duration of the recording.

I hope that makes sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines