Libgit2error after adding triggers

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a project off and on and recently added some triggers to a puppet. Everything seemed to run fine until I closed the project and reopened it, and now the project doesn't seem to be loading up at all and I get this error message:

libgit2 error -3(9/Object not found - no match for id (c323e1fdd10de2f7951134a78765076efd12a2c3)) returned from git_revparse_single(&headP, repoP, specZ)

Is there a way to fix this, or would I just have to restart the project from scratch? And if so, how do I avoid this issue in the future?

I'm also storing the project and all of the asset files in my creative cloud in case that matters.

Thanks for the help!

Views

273

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It seems like ADOBE use the GIT and SQLite manage the project progress.

It`s a good idea until some time the system crash or some reason the GIT`s head file didn't write correctly.

So we need to fix the Head file, and the problem will solve.

before you start to do anything, backup your entire project first and remember the next progress will have the risk to let you lost your whole project data FOREVER.

1.Fix this problem need SQLite browser(you can find it on easily on the internet )

2.text editor

first, find the GIT head file in your project folder

if you use the Window system

navigate to Your project directory   \Ch Data\repo.noindex\refs\heads/master

if you use the Mac system

navigate to Your project directory   /Ch Data/repo.noindex/refs/heads/master

Open the file "master" with the text editor, if there was any content inside clean it.

Then use the SQLite browser open the odb file.

if you use the Window system

Navigate to Your project directory  \Ch Data\repo.noindex\odb.sqlite3

if you use the  Mac system

navigate to Your project directory   /Ch Data/repo.noindex/odb.sqlite3

when you open the SQL DB, you will see the four-row which is OID Size Type and date.

Find the size the size equal 252 that store your version string and switch the mode to binary. That will give you a binary value, copy it and past to your head file as one line. Save it and project will return to the last time the autosaves point.

Here is the video Adobe Character Animator Libgit2 Error Solution - YouTube

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, but I'm still stuck trying to find the correct size. As you can see I have about 30 options with the size of 252:

I've tried copying and replacing the head master file with a few of the binary codes, but they just give me new error messages.

How do I know which one is correct?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI

Sorry I didn't explain it will.

You should find the last 252 value of size and move to "OID"  then switch the mode to binary

and you will see the OID value.

Then you copy it to your head file.

Save it.

and the project will back.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines