Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lip Sync using motion detection only

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've noticed some example characters (Heather, Chad) are behaving slightly differently than others. The two I mentioned are synching to my mouth movement alone, while my own created puppet requires microphone input (as well as somet other sample characters). Bare in mind, the lip sync preferences have not been changed. I can't seem to identify the setting/bahvior/trigger in order to only using motion capture vs. audio input for my lip synching. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Brent

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Some puppets have mouth settings that respond to the camera, specifically "neutral" (default), "smile", and "surprise." I often copy the visemes for some of the other mouth positions (such as O for surprised) and give them the necessary tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to upload a screenshot. Here you can see the microphone is inactive, yet it's capturing the visemes. 

lipsync.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some puppets have mouth settings that respond to the camera, specifically "neutral" (default), "smile", and "surprise." I often copy the visemes for some of the other mouth positions (such as O for surprised) and give them the necessary tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, ok. That little nuance was driving me crazy. Thanks for clarifying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines