Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List of webcams that work the best?

Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So my sister's going to give me a webcam for  my birthday, and I have to know for sure that it will work smoothly with Character Animator (no bugs, no workarounds required, no constant issues.) This doesn't seem to be the easiest question to answer. It has to be compatible with Windows 10. After hours of misery spent trying to get 2 webcams to work that weren't more than 2 years old, and no way to get them to cooperate with Windows 10... not going through that again. I don't seem to be able to find a list of webcams that are 100% guaranteed to play nicely with this program. Does anyone know which ones these would be? Recommendations for webcams that people have tried? I would so appreciate any help in this area. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  Seven months and nothing? Gee . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no reply in a few days, it scrolls off the page. I have only used the built in webcam on my laptop which worked - no experience with external cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the answer is you won't know if the webcam works until you try it, so be sure you can return or exchange the camera if you need to. I've had difficulties with a camera that CH used to recognize but then wouldn't in an updated release. But I finally found a strange workaround. I use a virtual camera, ManyCam, to play recorded footage in CH -- CH always sees ManyCam-- and then I discovered that ManyCam also sees my live camera, and CH can see my live camera through ManyCam. That's an option that may work with other cameras that CH doesn't see directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines