• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long hair behind body for an independent head?

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear @k_oshiro (or anyone else!), since you have solved some of the harder problems here, do you have a solution for this one?

There is a problem with long hair that should go behind the body when the head is independent and in front of the body. That is, you want a structure such as:

+Character

. +Head

. Body

. Long Hair Behind Head and Body

The problem is because the head is independent, the "Long Hair Behind Head and Body" cannot attach to it, so the hair does not follow the head as it moves. If you put the hair inside the head, then the hair is shown in front of the body.

The best solution I have seen is to not make the head independent. Then the hair can attach to the even though it is behind the body (because the body and head are a part of the same mesh).

Do you have a solution for making the head independent with hair behind the body?

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I should add there is one solution I recall, but it was pretty horrible. The solution was to duplicate the whole puppet then hide parts. But it caused problems with doubling up the triggers, behaviors etc. You had to move behaviors from the root and put them on the character layers. While it was possible, it was was not very practical.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously published a video solving the same problem.
It's in Japanese, but I think you'll understand.

It's in Japanese but I think it will come across. https://youtu.be/9xViPoOeBxg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close, but not a complete solution if I understand the video correctly. In some cases people want the "head" layer independent to stop the body moving with the head. They also want the hair to line up exactly with the head outline. Your solution (I think!) was to make *most* of the head children independent - but leave at least one part not independent. That means the body still moves with the Face behavior.

For example, people tried having a smaller circle for the head that is not independent, then attach the "real" head (that is independent) to that circle, and attach the hair to the circle. But the hair did not stay lined up properly when the real head tilted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to help
Sorry

Now I don't know what the best solution is.

I'll give it a lot of thought, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Alan Sensei. (@alank99101739)

The new Primary and Secondary (Leader & Follower) behavior in Adobe Character Animator allows you to make the head independent and shake the long hair behind the body.

It took me a year and a half to give you this answer.

https://youtu.be/aEeCslK5hrQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The circle is now complete. Now YOU are the master!" https://youtu.be/yRkKbdIFZGM (in a good way of course!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am very honored to hear you say so. Thank You. Arigato!

Luke.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines