• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlaying Character On video

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to record a character in order to use it to narrate a video?

I have built a Horseshoe character that I use in some horse-how to videos, I have one video that a friend shot and she cut off my recording at the end so I need to superimpose my character over the video and have him narrate instead. I'd like him to point and such so I can make it more dynamic but have no idea how to record and know when to point/when to say to what...

I have the video file, I typically use Premiere pro but could use after effects. I want my character in the bottom right corner but he will need to point to areas of the hoof and such.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a feature request in the adobe voice section (see top of forum area for link) to allow background to be a video file so scrubbing in CH scrubs through the video file as well.

without that, one approach is to lift key frames from prem pro and save as static images, note the frame number, then drop into a CH scene at the same frame number. A lot more work.

otherwise guess rough locations when recording in CH then use After Effects / Prem Pro to position the CH video using key frames to make things line up at the right time points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i should add there is another approach which is to use something like OBS studio with NDI export to superimpose videoes love, but it’s not a great - lower quality video, a bit awkward to do.

I am planning to export a video file with transparency and just use Prem Pro to move the CH video around to get it to line up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines