• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Proteus Puppet

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am fairly new to Character Animator but am having an issue with the Proteus Puppet (free download here: Character Animator Examples ).

I make changes to it to turn off or on the features (noses, hairstyles, glasses, etc...) I want, then save it to a new puppet with a new name and when I go to make a scene with it I get different features. Wrong eyes, missing glasses/facial hair and such.

What am I doing wrong?

Would using illustrator to delete any unwanted options work and what woudlbe the best way to go about doing that?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say “turn off”, do you delete them in the artwork file or just hide them? There are rigging instructions (in CH) to tell it what to turn on via triggers, what layers are eyes etc using “tags”. I have not looked at that puppet in particular, but just changing the artwork file without updating the rigging to match could cause the problem you are describing. CH can override the hidden layers in the artwork file if you have the hidden eyes tagged as eyes. Deleting unwanted stuff from the artwork file is generally safer as CH still “sees” the hidden layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines