• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Movements

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird question... i have my puppet ready in character animator i pre loaded the voice script it .. but i can only trigger behaviours from keyboard shortcuts and cant give my puppet any movements and it stands still while lipsync .... How can i load i character to keep moving throughout whole scene 

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For movements like hand waves, it is common to put a "Dragger" on say the wrist of the arm (or the hand). You than drag that with the mouse. Draggers are basically handles with the Dragger tag added (but there is a shortcut button to add draggers because they are so common).

Body movement from say the webcam can be done, but it can depend on whether the head is independent or not. If the head is not independent, when you move your head from side to side it will drag the body with it. If independent, the body will not move by default. (But there is a trick - you can put a dummy Head on the Body layer and give it a "Face" behavior with sensitivity turned down. That way it will actually move the body a bit when head movements are seen.

Another approach (common) is to put a dragger also in the middle of the chest. They you can use the mouse to drag the character from side to side.

If you get advanced, there is a Walk behavior that can make the puppet walk along using a side view. It is more work to set up, so if new to Character Animator I would practice with the other concepts first then move on to the Walk behavior. (A suggestion - you can ignore this and jump in if you want to!)

Is this what you meant? I was not sure I understood what you wanted to know. Moving the character is normal (pretty boring otherwise). But I was not sure what sort of movements you wanted and your preference for how to control them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines