• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigging Issues is not working with The Professional puppet

Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make The Professional puppet walk. I have watched 4 videos on how to do it (including Okay Samurai's videos on Limb IK and Walking). When I go from Rig mode to Record mode, the puppet is warped/distorted to look like a giant Z, but trying to walk while standing in the same location.

When I go back into Rig mode, and I view the Rigging Issues panel, it provides false information. Here are some examples:

Puppet: Limb IK: No  layers or handles with required tags could be found.

[False. ALL tags are clearly visible when you select the various independent body parts.]

Puppet: Walk: Puppet is missing symmetry - found handle tagged as Left Elbow, but no other handle tagged as Right Elbow.

[False. The right arm has a Right Elbow tag.]

Left Leg: Handle tagged as Left Hip is not being used by any behaviors.

[??? I added the Walk behavior, which does indeed use the Left Hip.]

Left Quarter: Limb IK: Arm is missing a handle tagged as Right Wrist.

[False. Right arm has a handle tagged as Right Wrist.]

Right Arm: Walk: Puppet is missing a handle tagged as Neck.

[Why would the Right Arm have a neck tag?]

Torso: Hand tagged as Waist is not being used by any behaviors.

[??? Walk uses the Waist.]

I have wasted hours of time trying to make Puppet Maker puppets walk. So far I have not been successful with any of them. Is it possible to make any of the Puppet Maker puppets walk?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

It really should be very simple. Please see my attached video doing everything from scratch.

Please make sure you put the Motion Library at the "Puppet" layer, not at the top.

This is because many PuppetMaker puppets are structured with the "Puppet" and the "Background," and if you put behaviors at the very top, they can affect the background too, not just the character.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a screen shot so you can see at least 5 errors in Rigging Issues panel.

TheProfessional.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble uploading a screen shot. One more try.

Errors in Rigging IssuesErrors in Rigging Issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have to be the Walk behavior?

As far as I tried for 3 minutes, it was much more straightforward to put the Motion Library behavior at the "Puppet" layer and select one of the motions from the walk category. I generally recommend Motion Library over Walk.

If you really need the Walk behavior, I'll need to dissect it more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. You are taking about the Rigging mode right? Not the Record mode?

So, I go into Rigging, select the top-level puppet, and add the Motion Library as a behavior?

I'll start a new project and give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone into Rigging, and added the Motion Library behavior. The follow Rigging Issues appeared:

[1] Puppet Name - Motion Library: Body and Limb IK behaviors must be on the same layer.

So, I added the Limb IK behavior. Now I also see this issue:

[2] Puppet Name - Limb IK: No layers or handles with the required tags could be found. Remove the behavior if not needed. [This statement is false. The Professional has all kinds of handles with required tags.]

Can you tell me how to resolve these two issues? (Or point me to a video?)

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if Limb IK is elsewhere on the body. Speaking of Body, that behavior also needs to be on the root layer (with Motion Lbrary and Limb IK for the Motion Library to work. As before, check for and remove duplicate behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick and kind response.

I have added "Body" in Rigging.

Now, for both Limb IK and Body, the issue is: 

"No layers or handles with the required tags could be found. Remove the behavior if not needed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really should be very simple. Please see my attached video doing everything from scratch.

Please make sure you put the Motion Library at the "Puppet" layer, not at the top.

This is because many PuppetMaker puppets are structured with the "Puppet" and the "Background," and if you put behaviors at the very top, they can affect the background too, not just the character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the video solved the problem.

The whole confusion on my part is that there are two different layers for the puppet. The top layer has the puppet's name, and then there is a subordinate layer that says "Puppet." I was adding the behavior to the top layer, not the "Puppet" layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just FYI to anyone else having the same problem I had, here's a recap.

1. I was trying to add the Limb IK, Body, and Motion Library behaviors to the top level puppet in Rigging.

2. j-saito provided me with the correction to add those behaviors to the subordinate "Puppet" layer. It worked.

3. On YouTube, Okay Samurai's video on the Motion Library (at 18:11) shows the behaviors added to the top layer puppet, which is why I lost 3½ days trying to troubleshoot my scene/puppet.

Thanks again to j-saito for resolving my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines