Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene needs to be rotated by 180% after puppet resize in PS

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm very new to Ch and Ps but have managed to make a puppet with head rotation, eyes moving, etc.

I've just added a torso and found the puppet image was too small (or perhaps too big, can't actually remember).

So I resized all the layers in photoshop using image->transform with all layers selected.

When I refreshed in Ch I've found the puppet is now 180% rotated so it doesnt appear in the scene (its sitting way above the visible scene, upside down).

The only way I can make the puppet the right way up and back in the scene again is by selecting the timeline and setting the property for transform->rotation to 180%.

How can a resize on the layers in photoshop cause the puppet to get inverted? - and what should I be doing to get the puppet to appear the right way up without having to apply a trasnform rotation? (using the rotation just feels like treating the symtoms and not the root cause).

Thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen that one before! I normally use the Tranform behavior in Ch to resize the puppet for the scene. Ch normalizes the size, so i never found resizing externally helps - you just need to have high enough resolution in the image so scaling still looks good. So no advice sorry - just next time resize it in Ch rather than in the pad file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - sounds like wise advice for future resize requirements....

I need to find a way in Ch to not need the rotation for now - if i find out what the resolution was I'll post it here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines