Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap set with one key?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everybody.

Is it possible to make a swap set with several items but with only one key? For example, my puppet has 8 different glasses, and in order to save keys and for more convenience, I'd like to set the trigger for one like A button on the keyboard. So I press A - default glasses, press A again - next glasses, press A again - next one and so on? Or it's impossible and I should set the different key for every different glasses?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can bind the same key to multiple layers - I do that frequently. Just create the first trigger, then drag the additional layers over the existing trigger. The trigger will then show multiple layers bound to it.

You can also achieve it in a different way - you can just assign the same key to multiple separate triggers. Seems to work fine last time I tried. But then you end up with separate triggers say in the control panel etc. So if its the same concept, I use one trigger and bind all the layers to it.  But I do sometimes have separate triggers for the same key (I just cannot remember why I did that just now...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, read more closely and I did not answer your question. It sounds more like you want to flip through a set of glasses, progressing one by one. Have a look at “Cycle Layers”. There is a “pause on layer” feature you can use a trigger to progress through. I have not tried it myself, but you might be able to put a pause on each child layer and so control movement through the layers. But you wont be able to jump straight from 1 to 5 for example I don’t think. You will probably need at least one frame at each cycle frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that might help, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's bad we have no possibility to change layers by clicking one key... adding that "pause" layers is the pain in the ass ))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly bind layers to keys. It is using one key to cycle through layers that is not supported. Thrre is s section st top of forums to submit a feature request if you like.

If you need more keys, some people hook up a midi keyboard or device. Lots more buttons available,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made it but adding the pause layer option to every layer. So basically, for example, the very glasses are the pause layers. I've made it with weapons, the only con is the first layer doesn't show in the beginning until I press the button, so the hands of my puppet are empty in the beginning. That's a con in comparison with swap set. Don't know how to fix that, how to start that cycle, I've tried to start it immediately, didn't help. But it works with one button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ugly, but could you mix a swapset with a cycle layer? So default for swapset shows something. Then the keyboard trigger changes the swapset to the cycle layer and unpauses the cycle layer? (Bind the same keyboard key to both)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines