• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create AGM font - Ch latest version.

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,    I've just downloaded the latest version of Ch but when i try to launch a pop up says Unable to create AGM font ("Adobe Clean UX") and won't open program.

After searching I came across an answer back in 2018 relating to a previous version. I tried to fix but the address mentioned in that thread wasn't active.

Any update on this bug or a working fix?

I'm using a Surface Pro Intel i5-7300U, 8GB Ram, Windows 10 Enterprise 1909. 

Hope you can help.    Cheers

TOPICS
Bugs , Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Try downloading this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PIj8UPd9OPw2m9Z7I8I5f3IDyWdKy7Ef/view?usp=sharing

1. Unarchive the contents of the Debug Database.zip file (i.e., a single Debug Database.txt file).

2. Open a Windows Explorer window, then enter the following into the address field at the top to get to the Character Animator 22.2 preferences folder: %appdata%\Adobe\Character Animator\22.2

3. Copy the Debug Database.txt file (from the .zip file) into this preferences folder, overwriting the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue running Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 on a different machine.

Looking for a solution.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what the problem is... but some suggestions. What other adobe packages do you have installed? Eg try installing photoshop or illustrator in case they install the font. Try installing an older version of ch - you can pick the version to install. Maybe it will install the missing font then you can upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm also running Photoshop and Premiere Pro which work fine. 

I've tried installing and uninstalling all versions available of Ch from 2 to 3.3. Have also tried searching for font online to install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very strange!  I don't have a font called "Adobe Clean UX". I have also successfully installed all previous versions. You have installed other Adobe programs, but not CH... And on multiple computers!! That is very weird! Could you post a screenshot of the error? When does it appear - during installation, or during launch of the application?

But I suspect it will need the Adobe folks assistant. They can look up the source code to try and work out what is going on. Note: this is a community forume where they often visit, not official support. There is a contact for official support requests that might be worth trying as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PIj8UPd9OPw2m9Z7I8I5f3IDyWdKy7Ef/view?usp=sharing

1. Unarchive the contents of the Debug Database.zip file (i.e., a single Debug Database.txt file).

2. Open a Windows Explorer window, then enter the following into the address field at the top to get to the Character Animator 22.2 preferences folder: %appdata%\Adobe\Character Animator\22.2

3. Copy the Debug Database.txt file (from the .zip file) into this preferences folder, overwriting the existing one.

4. Try relaunching Character Animator. (if it's a different CH version, adjust the 22.2 references accordingly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it.  Thank you!  No problems now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was obvious.... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fix does not work for me. There is only a TRACE Database text file in the 3.3 folder. Placing the Debug Database text file does nothing at all. I tried renaming both files and that did not help either. I am trying to run Character Animator 3.3.1 on a Windows 10 Enterprise OS.  Adobe says my computer is compatible with running CA but no..... I am trying to MANAGE FONTS now but they are not bothering to load.. just spinning...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines