• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice lip sync with Character Animator CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have computed the lip sync from imported audio, but my mouth, from the various sounds that have been added in are not moving when they should, or when I think that they should.

Does anyone know what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Perfect, thanks! (And bizarre!)  PS: you can drag the top edge of the timeline panel higher to make it taller when taking screenshots.

Ummm.

It kinda looks blank for the vizemes! But you say during playback they move? Ummm.

How about trying to zoom in so you can focus on a shorter time range. There is the slide bar in the bottom right corner to change zoom factor. If you zoom into say 10 seconds, do the vizemes start appearing? Just wondering if the zoom factor is causing it to "give up" on renderi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginnner.... However, I'm a composer and lip sync is really important to me. I have a couple of suggestions and comments:

1. I happen to like the imported audio better than me lip syncing it myself. But it's not perfect.

2. There are generally too many lip motions. I do have to edit. I generally either erase or make them longer-I generally don't have to add.

3. Make sure you are enlarged enough in your timeline to see the visemes.

4. I put a viseme screen shot on my desktop to refer to because I don't know them all yet.

5. Put the playback in .75 or .5 mode and drag or erase some of the visemes. You drag by grabbing the handle.

I'm getting really picky, but sometimes I go and watch cartoons and realize we are at a completely higher stage than before. So I relax a little. In my previous songs I didn't even have the character move their mouths.

If I could figure out how to attach things here I'd send you my viseme screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at the project timeline, but am unable to see the lip sync, even though my puppet is mouthing the words out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing screenshots of what you can see can help. E.g. have you collapsed the puppet in the timeline window (the little triangle thingy for the puppet). Do you have a timeline recorded that is playing back, or is it just the pup[pet following the webcam live. If you see the mouth moving when you play the scene, its almost certain there is a lipsync timeline - its just hidden somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image of my timeline.Adobe2.pngAdobe3.pngAdobe4.pngAdobe5.pngAdobe6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks! (And bizarre!)  PS: you can drag the top edge of the timeline panel higher to make it taller when taking screenshots.

Ummm.

It kinda looks blank for the vizemes! But you say during playback they move? Ummm.

How about trying to zoom in so you can focus on a shorter time range. There is the slide bar in the bottom right corner to change zoom factor. If you zoom into say 10 seconds, do the vizemes start appearing? Just wondering if the zoom factor is causing it to "give up" on rendering.  Ah, yes, it seems if the vizeme gets too narrow, it diappears! So zoom in. This is 7 seconds across the window - they are clear then.

When I zoom out the same track, they vanish!

Also looks like there are two vizeme tracks (one recording/masking the other). This is not wrong, just looking for anything unusual at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works perfectly. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 6.10.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines