• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is a good place to find a good Adobe Character Animator?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has an opening for a Learning Technologist and we would like someone with Adobe Character Animator experience/abilities. Anyone have a good idea about how I might search for one? Here is a link to the job post if that is useful: Careers - Wrike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

Is this a full time opening? This might not a bad place to find someone. I can certainly help!

I just read your job post that talks about "Develop instructional multimedia and learning solutions for our external clients, including online courses, curricula, and videos". Not much mention of Character Animator. But I have created numerous eLearning courses using Captivate, Animate, and Character Animator, and Premiere and After Effects too for compositing the videos.

Its really more then a one person job, you need someone to create/illustrate your character, rig it and animate it. But you also may need someone to create backgrounds, to layout the interface and slides within Captivate or Articulate, import the videos, and create the navigation, and put together the entire projection. Another option is to hire a freelancer to create and rig the character and then hand it off so your team could import and sync the audio and act out the characters movements.

I am in Venice Beach, but I can certainly help with any of the above. Otherwise LinkedIn is a good place to post jobs, just make sure to make more mention of Character Animator and Animation as it picks up on the key works. Another good source is Upwork.com to find freelancers, zip recruiter, and freelancers.com. Then if you wanted help you can also hire from creative recruiters like Aquent, Creative Circle, Syndicate Bleu, 24 Seven Talent Agency that weed out some of the interview process.

Please let me know how I can assist! Hope this helps!

Thanks!

mark@headTrix.com

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

You are correct that there is not much mention of Character Animate. That is mostly due to some internal restrictions.

You are also right that a development team is made up of a number of different skill sets and finding a single person to do it all is not realistic. I am looking for someone with strong design skills to wear a couple of hats on the team, but certainly not all.

Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

I mention using keywords like "Character Animation" since many times I am sent job listings based on interests, matched keywords on my profiles, and/or saved job searches.... so including the keywords can help get your job post in the right eyes for many of the sites I mentioned above.

Being self-employed, I sometimes use google to do searches, and again it brings up job postings based on my keywords. Also important for the person taking on your job, since creating a Captivate file for eLearning may not be as creatively appealing as Illustration and Animation. Depends on the designer.

I have the skillset to do it all because I have been involved in graphic design, multimedia, the web, and eLearning for most of my career, and I was using Flash for eLearning, interactive games, animation, banners, etc. Since I loved animation, Character Animator caught my eye at Adobe Max when it was in beta two years ago, so I sat in on a lab, and have been using it ever since. Even spoke at the Adobe Learning Summit on "Make your eLearning Come Alive with Animated Characters".

But since it is such a new application it might be tough just to find just Character Animators, with exception of this forum.

However, although its possible for someone to do it all, you would have a shorter production time it if was split up.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines