Highlighted

Camera aspect ratio wrong (it's squished 4:3 instead of 16:9)

May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm using Character Animator with two different camera capture tools (Mokose USB3.0 HDMI/SDI Video Capture Card and Magewell USB Capture HDMI) and getting the same results: my video has the wrong aspect ratio. The camera feed appears "squished" in 4:3 mode, when it should be 16:9. I've used both of these capture tools with other software (Wirecast, for example), and they work just fine there. In the screenshot below, you'll see how the video is squished. I'm holding a roll of tape, which should be perfectly round; instead, it's oval shaped. I can't find any setting in CA to change this. And when I switch to my computer's FaceTime camera, the video output appears normal (4:3 aspect ratio, but not "squished."). Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

-Brian

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 9.29.35 PM.png

Topics

Bugs, Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera aspect ratio wrong (it's squished 4:3 instead of 16:9)

May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm using Character Animator with two different camera capture tools (Mokose USB3.0 HDMI/SDI Video Capture Card and Magewell USB Capture HDMI) and getting the same results: my video has the wrong aspect ratio. The camera feed appears "squished" in 4:3 mode, when it should be 16:9. I've used both of these capture tools with other software (Wirecast, for example), and they work just fine there. In the screenshot below, you'll see how the video is squished. I'm holding a roll of tape, which should be perfectly round; instead, it's oval shaped. I can't find any setting in CA to change this. And when I switch to my computer's FaceTime camera, the video output appears normal (4:3 aspect ratio, but not "squished."). Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

-Brian

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 9.29.35 PM.png

Topics

Bugs, Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
bracherb LATEST
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will definitely post a bug report. Thanks for the assistance again!

-B

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines