Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyebrow deforming head background

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo ! 

I'm having trouble with one particular function on my puppet (a modified "blank" puppet to be precise):

Even though every other option is working properly and my both eyebrows are named with a "+" in Illustrator and crowned in Character Animator and tagged to the corresponding face part they seem to be deforming the top of my character's head when i move them.

I checked every property to make sure they were independant and they apparently are but they still drag the top of my puppet's "head background" as they go up and down.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks !

(Here are some screens of my puppet's CHAN and Illustrator)

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

A common issue is there may be handles on the artwork that are being found instead of the layers (see "Head" has the number 3 next to it? - that indicates there are 3 handles on the Head layer). If you look in I think the Face behavior (one of them anyway) you will find a "Handles" section. Expand it and look for Left Eyebrow. It should show what it has bound to. If you see a path like ".../Head:Left Eyebrow" then the ":" means it bound to a handle on the Head layer. If its ".../Head/Left Eyebro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A common issue is there may be handles on the artwork that are being found instead of the layers (see "Head" has the number 3 next to it? - that indicates there are 3 handles on the Head layer). If you look in I think the Face behavior (one of them anyway) you will find a "Handles" section. Expand it and look for Left Eyebrow. It should show what it has bound to. If you see a path like ".../Head:Left Eyebrow" then the ":" means it bound to a handle on the Head layer. If its ".../Head/Left Eyebrow" then it bound to the Left Eyebrow layer (which is what you want). Just looking at the images everything seems fine otherwise, so that is my best guess to explore first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was exactly the problem and is now fixed ! Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue but can not work out from the advice below without images what to do to correct my problem where the eyebrows are deforming the head.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 11.55.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The warning messages in blue show there are handles for eyebrows, which i suspect is not what you want. There is also a Head handle. For those ones you want behaviors to find the layers (normally the case, but walk behavior is one of the example exceptions), make sure there is no handle with that tag. The number in the rigging hierarchy tells you how many handles are on a layer, so look for the layers with numbers on them.

To confirm, then open up the face behavior in the property panel and expand the views and handles etc sections. This shows what the behavior is really using. If it has a colon in the path, then it bound to a handle on a layer (slash separates layer names, colon separates handles). Your eyebrows are correctly independent, so i suspect the face behavior is not using the layer... so i am guessing it latched onto a handle on the face somewhere and is moving that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines