Highlighted

Is there any way to make the eyebrow movements synch with the eye size?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this example: https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/05/1517401691-aladdin-surprised.gif?crop=1xw:0...  Although its a frame to frame animation, I wish i could somehow make that eyebrow synch with the eyes (or the eyeballs for the least). Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there any way to make the eyebrow movements synch with the eye size?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this example: https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/05/1517401691-aladdin-surprised.gif?crop=1xw:0...  Although its a frame to frame animation, I wish i could somehow make that eyebrow synch with the eyes (or the eyeballs for the least). Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 13, 2019 0
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you ever want them moving separately? If so you cannot tie them together.

But remember you can draw the eyebrows as part of the eye layer (eg part of eyelids). Or even next the eyebrows inside eyelids. But then they would always move together.

i suspect it would be more annoying than useful.

Cycle layers of could bectriggered for both at same time so look in sync

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, but I wanted them interacting as the Jaw Nutcracker interacts with the mouth, get it? Not exactly moving together, but causing a sort of physics making it more natural.

I'll try making as you said with the eyelids, it might work, dunno yet. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say I personally keep the artwork separate but set the same trigger to fire eye lid shapes and eyebrows together. I can do them together most of the time, separately sometimes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is eyebrow strength you can set so the eyebrows are controlled by the web cam - is there a reason you don’t just act it out? That is, move your eyebrows up and down and  record that?

For me there is a reason - my webcam jitters a bit too much for my liking. (Maybe not enough light where I record.) So I use triggers with fixed positions, but less movement like you want.

You might also find this a useful read - might have something in it (and a lot of stuff not useful probably) https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0
DanTull LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas come to mind:

With separate transform behaviors on the eyes and eyebrows you could make a grouped controls panel slider that would let you scale the eyes and move the brows together.

If it is more for a one off expression, it could probably be done the same transform behaviors and capture and time the recordings to drive them with a replay. Then you could trigger the expression as needed but have the brows and eyes usually operate normally.

I just made a (quick and dirty) example and then realized I'd done it in an internal build so I can't share the puppet itself, but here's a gif of the resulting look using the second approach. The first approach's main difference is that you would probably want to bind it to a knob/slider on a MIDI device. This would provide a more fine control over the degree and timing of the scaling where as the second combines them into a single key press.

What I don't have an easy way to do off hand is actually tie the eye scaling to the brow y position from the camera.

DT

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0