Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2021 to CF2018 backward licensing

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 

My company is in the final stages of a months long project testing and tweaking our CF application to work with CF 2018.  The project was set to go live at the beginning of next month.  Now it appears CF 2021 has been released, and appears to be unavailable for purchase.    We do not have the testing and development manpower to confirm our web applications compatibility with CF2021 in the next couple of weeks.  If there any backward licensing possible where we would buy licenses fro CF 20201 enterprise, but be able to install CF2018 enterprise until we are ready to migrate to CF 2021?

Failing that, is it even possible to still purchase CF 2018?   And if so, would it be possible to qualify for the complimentary upgrade?  We plan to purchase 3 or 4 enterprise licenses, pending a final business decision.

Thank you, 
-Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this straightened out to get your 2018 license?  I am in a similar prediciment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposedly, you can talk to Adobe sales and they will give you backward compatable licenses, however I have not verified this personally.   My company chose to push through the pain of getting the code to work with CF2021 from the get-go.  Honestly it probably wasn't so bad.  Most of the hurdles we're running into would have been the same with CF18 anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GuitsBoy,

You can procure CF2021 from our sales team and once it is done. You can ask them to forward the request to support team for backward licensing. There are few points which you need to know before this.

1. We can only do backward licensing to one version back which is CF2018. 

2. We can only process backward licensing from the current version i.e CF2021. 

2. You need to provide the reason why you want the CF2018. 

If you want me to connect you to someone from our sales team, you can DM me your details. I will share it with them. Also, in case you have any questions, feel free to let me know. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Priyank Shrivastava. unfortunately the Adobe Community won't let me send DM.  I get an error message every time that says "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.".  What's funny is I have never sent a DM on the forums before.  I guess the limit is 0. 😉

Is there another way to get in touch with you like email, Twitter, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared my email with you in DM. Please send an email to me with details. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe if you have a support contract with them that they will definitely provide you with a downgrade license (which my customer had so it wasn't a big deal). That said, I've never had a problem downgrading a license when talking with a sales representative. Generally they are more than happy to take your money and give you whatever you want. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

There is a correction. There is no mandatory requirement of a Support contract for backward licensing. You should purchase the license from a reseller and not from www.adobe.com . We cannot process the backward licensing on retail licenses. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation