• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Log Files Screen Not Showing All Actions

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an instance of CF 2018 Enterprise with Update 15, Java 11.0.13, running on a Windows 2019 EC2 instance in AWS.  I noticed that, in the Debugging and Logging Log Files screen, I am unable to select individual logs to view and, compared to another installation, the Actions column for each log is missing Actions icons (see attached).  I compared Debug Output Settings between the two installations, and they appear to match.  Looking for an answer to the difference in function.  Thnaks.

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Hello Altascene,

This feature is removed in latest update due to security reasons, you can refer to update release notes

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2018-update-15.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

For better or worse, I have just offered a blog post offering how to restore that functionality, in either CF2018 or 2021, with due caveats/warnings. I do hope Adobe will find a way to return the functionality while protecting against whatever security concern they had.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Altascene,

This feature is removed in latest update due to security reasons, you can refer to update release notes

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2018-update-15.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a plan to add this functionality back in when these security issues are resolved?  Or is there a recommendation on some alternate log viewer we can use?  The log viewer in the admin was more convenient than having to view logs directly from the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For better or worse, I have just offered a blog post offering how to restore that functionality, in either CF2018 or 2021, with due caveats/warnings. I do hope Adobe will find a way to return the functionality while protecting against whatever security concern they had.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation