• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI Restriction list settings on the Web server.

Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept getting this error when trying to access the site. I've tried 8 suggestions from this Google search result and it's not working. I figured it has something to do with ColdFusion. I'm able to get into the ColdFusion Administrator thought. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

HTTP Error 404.2 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI Restriction list settings on the Web server.

Most likely causes:

•No handler mapping for this request was found. A feature may have to be installed.

•The Web service extension for the requested resource is not enabled on the server.

•The mapping for the extension points to the incorrect location.

•The extension was misspelled in the browser or the Web server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the cfmHandler stored in the web.config file of the default site? Our existing ROPS1 is using Coldfusion 10 and I'm setting our ROPS2 to use ColdFusion 11. When I changed the cfmHandler in ROPS2, it also changes the cfmHandler on our ROPS1 as well. If I am going to setup ROPS, do I have to use the same ColdFusion version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are ROPS1 and ROPS2 different sites on the same IIS server?

If you configure both the CF10 and CF11 web server connectors on a site-by-site basis (not using All Sites), then I would expect the handler settings to be stored in the web.config for each site.  Both sites aren't pointing to the same directory on your server, are they?

One way to check where the settings should be stored is to go into IIS Manager, click on the server object, and look at whether handlers are defined at the server level.  Those settings will cascade down to the individual sites, unless they are overridden at the site level.

Whenever you install multiple versions of ColdFusion on the same server (like CF10 & CF11), NEVER use "All Sites" in the web server configuration tool.  ALWAYS configure the connectors on a site-by-site basis to avoid conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just figured out that the handlers are stored in the web.config file and since we shared the same web.config file accross multiple ROPS, looks like I can't use different versions of CF unless there is a way to specify/override in the web.config or applicationHost.config file. I'm not sure about the location tag or block in the applicationHost.config if it'll allow me to override.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you sharing the same web.config?  Do you actually have multiple IIS sites pointing to the same webroot folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. We have multiple ROPS runining IIS sites pointing to a shared webroot folder that contains all the files including web.config file. What other alternatives should we have done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's how I'd normally do it, but that means you cannot run multiple versions of ColdFusion against the same webroot folder.

One alternative would be to copy the entire webroot structure to a second folder (minus the web.config file), and run the newer ColdFusion version off the copied webroot.  Then, if necessary, set up a process like rsync or something to keep the two folders identical except for the web.config.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation