• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Connect compatible with a Chromebook?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe Connect compatible with a Google Chromebook? I do not see the Adobe Connect app or extension in the Chrome Web Store.

TOPICS
HTML client

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect is compatiable with the Chromebook, since it just uses the Flash player in your web browser (Chrome). However, the add-in is not available for it so you won't be able to share your screen or upload a PPTX file. Everything else should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do initiate an Adobe Connect session without the add-in on Chromebook? I see no documentation for this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe Connect is web based, all you need to do is distribute the URL for your room to the attendees. They can then join the room using any web browser that supports Flash (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Safari, Opera, etc.).

Feel free to test here: http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com/openroom. Just join the room as a guest and you should access it in your browser. It won't be the most interesting room, but you should be able to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I felt free to visit that page.

It looks like every other adobe connect room.

Adobe Connect requires Flash Player 11.2 or above.

Samsung Chromebook 3

Version 72.0.3626.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Fully updated 3/27/19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also an HTML5 version that can be enabled on rooms.  I'll talk to Jorma to see if he can turn that on for you to test with, or create one on another account for you.  Are you currently an Adobe Connect customer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Thomas+Gunter-Kremers  wrote

Are you currently an Adobe Connect customer?

No, I'm just a user, trying to access an Amazon AWS training session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of the documented incompatibility issues between the Chrome browser and Adobe Connect, I wonder how well it would work? Chrome browser incompatibility with Connect Add-in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was an issue with launching the Add-in for Connect, which isn't available on the Chromebook platform anyhow. So that is a non-issue. Additionally, that issue has been resolved. I've used Chrome for quite a while now with the built in Flash Player without any issue of launching the add-in.

I'm guessing that leland.hover was able to join the room and there were no issues, since we didn't hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma_at_CoSo  wrote

I'm guessing that leland.hover was able to join the room and there were no issues, since we didn't hear back.

I'm guessing, that, like me, he just didn't use his Chromebook for visiting the room.

I'm trying to reach AWS training, and allowed an hour ahead of time to test my access.
If I only tried a few minutes before meeting time, I would try a little and then move to a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clarenced  wrote

If I only tried a few minutes before meeting time, I would try a little and then move to a different computer.

Now, I'm on a Windows 10 computer, and the "classic view" doesn't work.

===========================

2019_0319-CMPDid Not Open?

You need to install and join via Adobe Connect desktop application.

Download Adobe Connect Application

Enable Adobe Flash Player in this browser tojoin with classic view.Follow the steps listed here -Adobe Flash Player Help

===========================

I downloaded the Adobe Connect, and I joined the room, on Windows 10.
I would rather use my Chromebook, but I think most people just fall back to Windows and forget about the Chromebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, this thread is from 2014, long before HTML was even a thought in the world of connect.

That room does have the HTML option enabled, but Chrome doesn't prompt you to use the HTML version like Fire Fox and IE does.

Chrome books will likely always have their own challenges due to the nature of their OS. You can try adding ?html-view=true&launcher=false to the room URL and see if that forces the HTML client to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma_at_CoSo  wrote

To be fair, this thread is from 2014, long before HTML was even a thought in the world of connect.

That room does have the HTML option enabled, but Chrome doesn't prompt you to use the HTML version like Fire Fox and IE does.

Chrome books will likely always have their own challenges due to the nature of their OS. You can try adding ?html-view=true&launcher=false to the room URL and see if that forces the HTML client to launch.

"To be fair" had me laughing out loud.

Doesn't that mean that at some point in the past four years, this should have been fixed?

I am disappointed in how often Chromebooks have problems with Chrome ;-(  One might expect them to be perfect shining examples of a Chrome implementation.

Adding your tags did let it work.  ?html-view=true&launcher=false

Adobe Connect Login

Once it opened, I still had to answer a prompt about Classic View, but then I was able to draw squiggly lines with my marker.

From there, I went back to my Amazon meeting invite from this morning.  My invite has my name and password as tags.  That quickly redirects to a much shorter link, but I see ?launcher=false at the end of the line.  The screen comes up to a review screen, a little different, but essentially the closing screen after this morning's session.

So, is ?launcher=false now remembered for me, to apply to other adobeconnect meetings?
I stepped back to this discussion, and opened the realeyes room again.  Now I see tags ?launcher=false&proto=true but the wheel is spinning, "Loading room.  Please wait a moment."  I don't think that one is going to work.

&proto=false works, but with the additional prompt about "switch to classic view".

Close, very close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could add some levity.

Unfortunately there isn't much to be done about Chrome, so a 'fix' is hard to assign. As Google has varied its level of support for Flash in Chrome, the ease of joining Connect has been a moving target.

For those calls, here is what they mean in lay mans terms:

• launcher=false - Don't attempt to use the Connect Add-in/App
  • proto=true - Use the Connect App
  • html-view=true - Use the HTML client

For reasons that are beyond me, when you just put html-view=true at the end of a URL for Connect in Chrome, it also seems to add the proto=true call, which cancels the two items out (or tries to do both at the same time) and you just end up with a blank screen. This doesn't happen in any other browser.

So, if you are using Chrome in a Chrome Book, I would just get in the habit of adding ?launcher=false&html-view=true to any room URLs. This may change as Connect 10.5+ is released or whenever Google does an update to Chrome. I know it's something that is on Adobe's radar, as they want to have a consistent experience across all browsers, but I don't know what the timeline is for the fix on that end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma_at_CoSo  wrote

As Google has varied its level of support for Flash in Chrome, the ease of joining Connect has been a moving target.

[...]

I would just get in the habit of adding ?launcher=false&html-view=true to any room URLs.

Thank you.  I have added this to my "tips" folder.

Google support for all of their products is worth what you pay for it.

It would be nice if the Adobe test pages had the workaround of the day for Chrome included, especially if this is the appropriate workaround over a four year period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma_at_CoSo  wrote

As Google has varied its level of support for Flash in Chrome, the ease of joining Connect has been a moving target.

Moving target, indeed.

Today's Amazon adobeconnect is running just fine on the Chromebook from the email link, no additional tags manually added.  (invalid auth for comment)

https://cloudwebinaraws.adobeconnect.com/r3123459ldyz?launcher=false

And... I broke it.

When the webinar actually started, performance was choppy, so I went back to my Windows 10 laptop.

The Windows link didn't attempt to open the adobeconnect app, and performance was choppy.

I manually launched adobeconnect app, and joined the room by pasting the URL, and performance is good.

I rebooted the Chromebook, and I am back to "Adobe Connect requires Flash Player 11.2 or above."  I added the tags ?launcher=false&html-view=true&proto=false and it still asks for Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use proto= on the chrome book. proto=false may confuse the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cleared cache, and launched from the meeting invite, ready to add a tag or two...

The launch worked, and the room opened.  it has ?launcher=false on the redirected URL already.

I see Plugin: Shockwave Flash running in the ChromeOS task manager

adding &html-view=true breaks the link and gives me the "flash" message.

The Flash Plugin is not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines