• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Apps incomplete before signing out/ singing in ACCDA

LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon first opening the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA) this morning, I noticed the ACCDA looked and felt very different. I do not remember an update occurring, that could be of course an oversite. But the issue is that a section called Essential Apps showed up, and it was missing several Apps, the big one being LrC (Photography Plan). And yes, after accomplishing the various updates (PS, then Lr, then LrC, naturally ACR occurred along with PS) nothing changed in terms of Essential Apps.

If I search in the ACCDA on Essential Apps, very few show up. LrC was not one of them

I igned out of ACCDA, signed back in, and then the ACCDA did show LrC as an essential App. (and a few more). Interestingly If I now search on Essential Apps, fewer show up, probably just listing those in my plan that I have not bothered installing.

This behavoir is going to irritate many LrC users. It has caused a Discussion (ref 1)

I would say that a minor bug exists in ACCDA.

(REF  1):  https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/it-looks-like-adobe-is-deprecating-ligh...

Oh, some reference material/info

Lightroom Classic version: 13.2
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631

1.png

3.png

2.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD Thanks for sharing your feedback. As a part of new expereince in Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, we list essential apps (all desktop, web & mobile) that are part of users plan (installed or not).

Right installed panel show all your installed apps. This is to make it easier for customers to browse apps & manage installed apps at the same time.

Can you please share what plan you have? If you have Photography plan, you shoud see PS, Lr, LrC in Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography plan.

Just added some reference material to original post. Not that the essential apps shown are after signing out then signing in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @GoldingD Screenshots you shared are expected experiences. 

So intermietently you did not see this expereince? There must me an error and thats why you saw fallback expereince. Users see that expereince in expection scenarios. Thanks for reporting it. We will analyze it and get back to you soon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD Can you please create a log file and share just the file name here for team to do analysis. Log file can be created using this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File name:

AdobeLogs_20240222_084328_391-win-GS.zxp

P.S. I always run my Windows PC as local user, not Admin (unless full Admin is called for) and I absolutely hate OneDrive. Now that log script caused a file to be stored in the Local Admin folders, and apparently in or backed up to OneDrive. Can you fix that?

Actually two identical log exist, my bad, Extra script ran to watch more closely where the file got placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follwup

Below is a screenshot from my alternate computer, a laptop. On this co mputer I have not signed out then signed in via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Note the missing apps under essential

1.png

For the laptop the log file is named: AdobeLogs_20240222_102637_363-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate